Chapter-28

Life is a complicated adventure of our design intersected by the force of fate and a series of lucky and unlucky accidents as well as incidents. People with innocent hearts are always unlucky in relationships.

Cami sneakily went into Isabella's room. She silently noticed many bottles lying on the floor. Her mother was lying on the bed, in one hand she was holding a bottle and in the other, she was clutching her phone.

She felt sad looking at her mother like this. This woman is not her mother, she is some drunk lady, who was desperately trying to escape reality. She silently climbed on the bed and took the bottle from her hand. When she tried to take the phone from her, Isabella stirred.Isabella opens her eyes for a while and smiled looking at Cami. She was still drunk and kept her head on Cami's lap. Cami pinched her nose as her mother's breath was stinking. But felt good that her mother in a drunk state held her. Her eyes filled with tears, when she heard her mother whispering "I Love You Cami. I can't live without you. Don't ever leave me.".

It has been a month since the last time that her mother has said that she loved her. She gently removed some hairs from her mother's face "I love You too, Mummy.". Isabella smiled and went into a deep slumber.

Cami took the phone from her mother and noticed that her mother cried looking at Cami's picture. Her heart melted, whatever complaints she has from Isabella vanished instantly. She knew her mother is struggling. She knew her mother still loves her. She felt bad that she didn't give some time to her mother.

She sighed, recalled for what she came here. Placing her mother's finger on the finger lock, Isabella's phone got unlocked. She instantly checked her mother's mail Id and started searching the DNA report, which they received. She instantly sent it to her mail. And at the same time deleted the mail from sent items, as she doesn't want her mother to know that she is talking to her real grandparents. It's not the right time. She doesn't want to send DNA reports to Maria too. However, she wanted to clear the doubts of Maria's mind. At this point, she wanted her to fully accept her.Placing a quilt on her mother, she silently left the room without being noticed.____******____

The next day, when she entered her classroom, the students started making loud noises like "BOOM BOOM" indicating how her father killed other innocent people.Cami looked down, her heart was furiously beating. The first period has not even started and they began bullying her. She was breathing fast and heavily. Her hands started shaking. She tried to ignore them, but the laughter only increased. To calm her down she closed her eyes so that she cannot see and put hands around her ears as she didn't want to hear anything against her real father.

"Cami? Cami?" She felt someone shaking her. She shook her head and didn't want to open her eyes. Her face was red and tears were sliding."CAMI... Wake Up?" Someone shook her hard.

Finally, when she opened her eyes, she found Maria looking at her with concern. She looked confused, where the students went. She looked here and there and found herself at their house. Before she could understand, Maria's question confused her. "Who Hit You? Why are you bleeding so much?" asked Maria with concern. Cami blinked her eyes "W...ha..at? What are you talking about? How am I here?". Mason came there with the first aid box immediately. "Who hit you Cami?" asked Mason.

Maria immediately applied anti-septic on her knees and Cami hissed. She looked down and noticed her knees and her knuckles were bruised. Her eyes got wide. She couldn't recall how it happened? She couldn't recall anything. All she remembered was that she went to school. She was panicking and boom she was here like sudden teleportation. The last four hours were blank in her memory.