Chapter -17 Protecting or Losing a friend

Becca was sitting on the ground, when she noticed Cami, taking selfies. Then she turned her attention to Cami, stating "I'm happy that you stood first." Saying this, Becca half-smiled.

Cami formed a genuine smile and asked her why was she crying at that time. Becca informed her that her mother always compared her to Stacey.
"It’s like Stacey is her daughter. She appreciates me, but not enough. She appreciates Stacey more. I get it. Stacey doesn't have a mummy, and my mummy feels bad for her. But I think she loves Stacey more. "

Cami shook her head disapprovingly and then looked at her seriously,
"I think your mother loves you. Remember she gave a grand party to you. "

Becca didn’t say anything for a moment but kept her eyes locked on Cami’s staring "I hate Stacey. Always bosses around me."

Cami formed a grin as she has already read Becca’s mind, saying "It's ok. I also don't like her either. She is very dumb."

After saying this, Cami noticed Kathy who looked very tensed. Then, Cami approached her and asked her "What happen? "

She shyly responded, "I'm hungry."

Kathy didn’t keep her gaze at Cami. 
Cami noticed her stiff posture and immediately asked her "Why?  Didn’t you eat at the lunch?".

Kathy responded without looking at Cami again "My coupons finished. And I don't have money to renew it. My foster parents are hardly able to afford this school fee. I ate a free meal, but it was not enough." After that, she dropped her head down.

Cami realized Kathy’s shame, stating "Oh! Don't worry. Come with me." Then, Cami, as thoughtful she is, took Kathy to the canteen and bought a delicious burger for her. Kathy asked her not to tell anyone about this.

While having food, Kathy decided to open up her heart and informed her that her mother does some illegal stuff to pay the fees. She stays with her mother's sister home. But, unfortunately, they don’t respect her, ill-treating her.
Kathy mumbled, being shy "Fees, is too high here, Cami. Mummy, can't afford for lunches. My mummy has given rights to my aunt. She and her husband are very bad. They spent all the money on gambling, which my mother sent for me."

She wasn’t looking straight at Cami’s eyes, not wanting to meet the reflection of pity "Why don't you tell your mummy?".

"She works very hard. We meet only once in a while. I can't give her tension. I wish I can stay with mummy. But she says it's risky. I wish I can have my family "saying this Kathy lot in her world.

Cami smiled, looking at her softly, sympathizing due to her terrible situation. She realized how both girls deeply crave living with their whole family as one.

*******
Becca and Stacey were sitting in front of her mother with their heads down. Becca’s mother was utterly furious, yelling at them "I can't believe this. That girl stood first. And you Stacey? How can you lose your place to her? I can accept this from Becca but you. Anyways, I don’t care, I just don’t want you both girls to hang around with her. Stay away from her. "

Becca was taken aback, looked at her mother with wet eyes, failing miserably to hide her dissatisfaction "Mummy, please, she is very good. I like her."

Stacey instantly frowned, complaining "No, she is not. She hits the guests at the party."

Becca’s mother stated "I don't care. I want both of you to stay away from that girl."

"But aunty, she joined our group today."

Becca’s mother trying to end this pointless conversation, tried to change the subject, saying "Look girls, I don't care. Just stay away from her. Topper or not. I don't want both of you to hang around her. Now tell me who wants pizza or cupcakes."