Chapter 22

Part 2 of the Crows vs Seagulls match is here! The Battle of the Little Giant continues!
________________________________________

The second set has begun. Kamomedai got a good start by racking up a few points ahead of Karasuno.

Hinata observed the ball as it was passed around. She briefly glanced from the corner of her eyes that Kamomedai was still going to do a stack block as they marked Asahi.

Then, she sprinted across the court all the way to the edge before jumping. Kageyama sent the ball to her and she slammed it down in a cross shot, earning one point. There's no way any stack block is going to keep up with a slide attack from me!!

The next attempt on doing a slide attack, Kageyama caught everyone by surprise with a dump. Kamomedai's blockers growled in frustration.

Hatsumi propped her chin with her hand as she rested her elbow on her knee. "Karasuno's only got two hitters up front, but their setter being front too means it's legal for him to dump. Then, they've got their captain in the back for defense. Looks like a pretty strong rotation for me," she commented.

Her husband crossed his arms. "It does look pretty strong, yeah, but the whole time Shouyou is out there, she'll be stuck facing the other team's best blockers. The brunette will be up there with her for two ticks and their goliath for all three," he refuted.

Natsu listened to her grandparents' conversation and narrowed her eyes at the match below. Yeah, that's not a wall every hitters want to throw themselves at.

William's face was deadly serious as he uttered, "Karasuno is pitting their 'sharpest spear' rotation against Kamomedai's 'stoutest shield' rotation."

Back to the match, Asahi served the ball which Kanbayashi managed to bump, passing it to his teammates.

Hinata positioned herself, ready to block as she watched the players move. To her, it was like they were moving in slow-motion. She saw Hakuba and Hirugami approaching the net but then her eyes drifted to Nozawa who was preparing to jump.

In less than a second, Hinata raised her arms upward and moved them to the right at him, stuffing him mercilessly.

Kamomedai was in disbelief. Nozawa was in dilemma. He was blocked but he was blocked by a gorgeous girl. Oh, his poor heart. Did a girl finally pay attention to him?

Karasuno hooted in celebration at the impressive show of game sense and reflexes by Hinata. Tsukishima was smirking smugly at the frustrated and lost looks on Kamomedai players' faces.

"Amazing! She predicted that number 4 would hit the ball instead of the Immovable and their goliath!" Yamaguchi exclaimed excitedly.

The blonde blocker grunted in agreement. I bet Kamomedai expected that Hinata would be distracted by their imposing players approaching the net. Too bad, she isn't easy to fool with. There's only a few enormous guys that caught her off guard. So far, those were Hyakuzawa, Ushijima and Kuroo-san.

The match continued. Hinata rushed to the edge of the court again and jumped, spiking the ball before Kamomedai's blockers could gain up on her. Even Hirugami shanked the ball even though he tried to save it.

Karasuno's turn to serve. Kageyama served the ball which Kanbayashi managed to bump, though resulting in a long pass. The ball was passed to Suwa who tossed it to Hoshiumi at the back row.

Hoshiumi nailed the ball by aiming straight at Tsukishima's hand in a perfect block out but Karasuno wasn't going to let the rally end that easily. Hinata sprinted all the way back and dove, foot first and knocked the ball over her head in a perfect A-pass straight to Kageyama, impressing everyone in the gymnasium. Kageyama tossed the ball to Tanaka, who scored after Kamomedai reacted a bit late.