Chapter 11

In the third set, Shirabu made up for the error he did in the second set before and continued setting to Ushijima as if he wasn't wavered by the fact that Karasuno took the set. It wasn't long before Shiratorizawa took the third set, though it was a close call since Karasuno was only several points behind thanks to Hinata.

"I noticed Hinata's spikes are getting stronger and faster as time goes by. At this point, I feel like my skin will get ripped off if I continue to dig those," Hayato remarked with a shudder.

"Yeah, I noticed she only did normal serves, jump serves and jump floaters. I thought she would actually score service ace by now," Semi added.

"Don't jinx it, dude! I don't wanna imagine that!" The libero shoved him lightly.

At the start of the fourth set, they had a good laugh when Goshiki accidentally sent the ball flying out of the court during his turn to serve, which the coaches facepalmed at. It became an inside joke among Shiratorizawa, especially Tendou who called him 'Spaceman Tsutomu'.

Both teams were getting into the groove as they steadily earned points. Kageyama and Tsukishima surprised everyone with their teamwork, a delayed spike, which earned an angry squawk from Tendou.

Hinata noticed her team left a gap wide open at the front behind the blockers, which made her eyes widen. No, that's exactly what they want us to do!, she thought. Her theory was proved to be correct as Ushijima switched his spike into a dink. She immediately reacted by lunging forward and dug the ball, bringing it back on air.

Washijou smirked. So she noticed, he thought.

"Good call, Hinata!" Daichi praised with a pat on her back. The ball was passed to Kageyama who tossed it to Asahi. Karasuno took the set and now both teams were even.

The fifth and final set began. It was Hinata's turn to serve. She held the ball in her hands and took deep breaths. Then she crouched on the floor and shook the ball with both hands, something that she did because she was accustomed of shaking the sand off of the ball back in the beach.

"I noticed Hinata-chan always do that whenever she's going to serve. What's that?" Saeko asked Hinata's mother.

"It's Shouyou's pre-service routine. Usually those things aren't all that common. She was used to shaking the sand off of the ball when she played beach volleyball and the whole crouching thing serves as a distraction to the opponent team," Akari answered with a smile.

Hinata threw the ball upwards, making a small run up before jumping up high. Then she promptly slammed her hand on the ball, transferring all pressure into it for a brief second and sent it flying towards Shiratorizawa's side.

Hayato jolted in surprise when the ball suddenly appeared right in front of his face before he quickly dodged it and tried to dig the ball, but it hit his shoulder and flew outside the court. He mentally cursed Semi for jinxing him.

"Yo Hinata! That was a whole missile!" Tanaka let out a boisterous laugh.

"Yes Hinata! Do that again!" The others encouraged.

She did her pre-service routine again and did that killer serve again. This time, the ball sailed toward the other team's side stronger and faster. The sheer power behind it made it incredibly hard to receive.

She continued to score 7 points from no-touch aces in a row. The last two serves were jump floaters though.

Asahi jolted in surprise and fear when the ball barely brushed over his head during one of Hinata's spike serves, shuddering when he felt the ball zipped past him in a high speed that made it hard for Shiratorizawa to dig. God, I can't imagine if it hit the back my head! I would probably die! If not, I have to say goodbye to my memory!