Chapter 6

To explain what happened at the last part in the last chapter, it's like the exact same moment where Terushima hit on Kiyoko and asked for her number, except in this AU, they were way later than the original version XD so Kiyoko survived and managed to get Hinata's lunch box. The guys who bothered Hinata are just some random characters that are unimportant so don't mind about them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
________________________________________

Flashback

In the training camp before the Spring preliminaries started, all of the players from different schools were enjoying the barbeque session they earned from the coaches.

"Bokuto-san, you told me that you're one of the top five aces, right? That makes you a sennin! But though you're more like a mentor, so you're my shishou!" Hinata said to Bokuto as they both chewed on the juicy meat with Kuroo and Lev. Well, they all chewed but the Fukurodani ace gobbled down like a glutton.

"Fhank yfou, chibfi-chanf!" Bokuto said through his bites, which made her sweatdrop.

"Geez, take it easy, bro," Kuroo looked at his friend in a mild disgust from seeing his spit flying everywhere.

"Bokuto-shishou!" Hinata chirped brightly with a giggle.

The owl captain swallowed his food and let out a booming laugh. "BOKUTO-SHISHOU?! I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT! AREN'T I AWESOME, CHIBI-CHAN?!"

"Very awesome!" She praised, giving him two thumbs-up with both of her hands and a cute smile. "The most awesome!"

"Don't flatter the airhead too much, chibi-chan. Personally, I think you're cooler than him," Kuroo interjected with a teasing smirk when Bokuto squawked in outrage. "Besides, he's only in the top five. There are other guys above him."

"Feh!" The Fukurodani ace scowled while crossing his arms in front of his chest. The last bit of Kuroo's statement caught Hinata and Lev's attention.

"That means, there's another three players, right? Who are they?" Lev asked.

Kuroo's expression immediately turned serious. "Ushiwaka, in the Tohoku region in the north-east, Kiryuu in Kyushu to the south and Sakusa, in the Kanto region in the east. Those three are this year's best aces," he revealed.

"Wow," Hinata murmured in amazement. A few feet behind her, Tsukishima raised an eyebrow and complained. "Of all places they could be, one of them just had to be in Miyagi."

"That means, if we can beat those guys, then we can be the best, right?" Lev asked his captain eagerly.

"I don't know about you, Lev. I do think you can be the nation's top scrub though," Kuroo teased the tall first-year. "However, I believe Bokuto and chibi-chan might give them a hard time if they play against each other."

Bokuto cheered in agreement, "Heck yeah!" while Hinata only smiled. "You're overestimating me, Kuroo-san. We're talking about national aces here. I may be popular in beach volleyball, but in indoor, I'm still a nobody," she said.

"No, no, no, chibi-chan! While you may be right but I still stand by my statement. If Karasuno beat Shiratorizawa in the finals and make it to the nationals, that means you defeat Ushiwaka!" Kuroo placed his hands on his hips while looking at her sternly, as if he was her parent.

"Easier said than done," Tsukishima interjected, giving the cat captain a deadpan look.

"Be more optimistic, Tsukki! Chibi-chan, please beat Ushiwaka and go to nationals so we can finally put an end to the Dumpster Battle!" The dark-haired male begged.