Chapter 14

While Hinata and Tsukishima were busy improving their skills in Miyagi, Kageyama was doing the same thing as well in Osaka.

He met several other national-level players, doing practice games with different teams and partners and even playing as a hitter.

Since there was no one that he was familiar with, he decided to stick with one player whom he knew, Chigaya from Shinzen. Though the other boy was having a hard time by how often the Karasuno setter was targeted by some of the players.

Miya Atsumu from Inarizaki called him 'a goody two-shoes' with that annoying smile on his face.

Sakusa Kiyoomi, one of the top 3 aces from Itachiyama was still unable to move on from the fact that Shiratorizawa lost in the finals. He confronted Kageyama about it, wondering if Ushijima was not on his best condition that day.

Then there was Komori Motoya, Itachiyama's libero and Sakusa's cousin. He was a cool guy, with laid-back personality and all. He was friendlier than his stoic cousin so he had no problem getting along with him.

And lastly, Hoshiumi Kourai from Kamomedai, who had been dubbed as the Little Giant by some people. He was similar to Hinata in a sense. Both were incredibly well-rounded players and sharing the same height, though the white-haired boy was 4cm taller.

Kageyama was doing well at first at the training camp. He was in a pretty good mood, satisfied that Hinata had fulfilled her promise that she got Romero's autograph for him, even sending him a photo of it as proof.

While he was secretly jealous of her for being chosen by the Nicolas Romero himself to train with, he was happy for her at the same time. It meant that Hinata's talent and skills were beginning to get recognized in the indoor volleyball's leagues. He was pretty sure that in the future, she would play in Brazil's superliga for one of their team clubs there.

He was actually kinda proud for how far she had come. While Hinata joined the team late and filled the middle blocker position, most people doubted her at first. It wasn't that they thought she sucked or something, it was because she was a girl.

From the beginning of her career, Hinata told him once, she was underestimated by some of her former partners and opponents for being short and for her gender as well. While there were other female beach volleyball players like her, they had this stereotype about Japanese people who rarely spent their time at the beach.

She told him that the world thought Japanese people were much more conservative and reserved, thinking that they typically have dark hair and light skin tone. Every time she introduced herself, people didn't believe her because of her exotic looks, which leaned more to the European side than the Asian side.

Nevertheless, she proved them wrong by conquering the court and mastered the sand and wind. It wasn't long before people started to take her seriously.

Then there was another problem. Female beach volleyball players had to wear sports bras and bikini bottoms in the games. While most people genuinely watched their matches because they were impressed by their skills, there were also some people who only went there to see their faces and bodies, excited at the thought of seeing exposed skin and curves than actually watching the games.

Hinata herself had faced this kind of problem several times in her life, but since she was a minor and there were people who sexualized her, her mother and her friends quickly reported those people to the authorities and demanded to take actions. After that, she no longer faced any problem other than a few minor ones, but she took care of them pretty well.

When she first played indoor volleyball in official matches, Hinata had no problem of blending in with the team. They were relieved to have a player that can cover for all of them if they were unable to since she was used to doing everything in a game back in beach volleyball. It was thanks to her endless drive to win, her unbelievable speed and power that they won those matches.