Chapter 12

It was already mid-November, about two months and a half before the Springs Tournament in Tokyo. The team had their measurements taken for the tournament pamphlet. It was a loud and rowdy session per say.

The first measurement taken was their height. Tsukishima was widely regarded as the tallest player in the team and somehow finally reached 6'3. Hinata only grown 1cm, making her overall height 166cm, which she shrugged it off. Yachi joked that the ginger-haired girl was still taller than her by a few inches. The poor blonde cried at the unfairness of it all, how she was the shortest person in the whole club - even Hinata and Kiyoko were around the same height!

When it was time for them to measure their vertical jump height, everyone was looking forward to see Hinata's newest record.

The gingerhead applied the chalk powder on her palm, stretching her hand as she did. Then she made a short run-up to the basketball net before bending her knees slightly for a brief second, gathering pressure in her leg muscles before she pushed her feet off the floor and soared into the air.

The basketball players who were watching from the other side of the court stood frozen and speechless by the height of the jump, but those who knew Hinata who used to play beach volleyball were excited to see her in action in front of their eyes.

She smacked her powder-covered palm to the basketball net, leaving a white handprint on the glass before she landed back on the floor.

"Wahhh! That jump looks higher than before!" Nishinoya cried out.

"How high is it?!" Kageyama asked in a demanding voice, making Yamaguchi scold him for being impatient as he held the ladders firmly to avoid Yachi from falling.

Yachi audibly gasped, drawing attention from the others.

"345cm!" She exclaimed in shock, much to their surprise.

"I swear to God, you have some sort of springs in your legs," Tsukishima remarked while squinting his eyes at her.

"I don't know Tsukishima, I think my legs are also capable of choking someone to death," Hinata grinned toothily as she patted her thick thighs, toned after years of conditioning her body to boost her jumping power and speed.

Sugawara bursted out laughing. "Yeah, Tsukishima! Sorry about this, but if you and Hinata were to get into a physical fight, she has a better chance of winning," he added while ruffling her ginger locks.

Tsukishima was offended by that but didn't retort. He was fully aware that Hinata had more muscles than him and yet he was a guy and taller than her. God, he need to work out sometime soon if this continues on.

"Check this out! Daichi-san also has thick thighs!" Tanaka patted said captain's muscled thighs, before wheezing when he was karate-chopped on the back of his neck by Daichi himself.

"Please refrain from talking about your kinks around here, Tanaka," the third-year captain said with a dark smile.

"Y-Yessir!"

The rest of the day continued with measuring their blocking height and standing reach, which was uneventful.

Until later, when Takeda entered the gym breathlessly, as if he was running from his office all the way to the gym. "Good afternoon, everyone!"

They all bowed, calling a loud "Good afternoon, Sensei!" that rang throughout the gym.

"I have two things to announce to you guys. Firstly, Kageyama," his eyes landed on the dark-haired setter who immediately stood still upon hearing his name, "you have been invited to the All-Japan Youth Training Camp!"