Chapter 30

Wow! I can't believe we've finally reached chapter 30! Heck, this is the first time I published a fic that has more than 10 chapters! I'm so proud of myself! :D

Thank you to everyone who were with me from the beginning until now! I love you guys so much!❤💘

IMPORTANT NOTE:

So since we already reach the post time-skip arc, you guys already know what the other characters look like, right? So I'll just update and explain what Hinata looks like in this fic after the time-skip. Note that she is 21 in March 2018 and will turn 22 in June that year.

Hinata has grown out her wavy hair after agreeing with Kiyoko and Yachi's suggestion, even going against the norm of Niiyama Joshi of having players with short hair. Her current hair now reaches below her waist (during casual occasions) and her fringes are now replaced with arched, ear-length bangs on either side of her face. Her physique hasn't change much since she graduated high school but still matured over the years.

Oh, and she's 170cm tall now! Slightly shorter than in canon but still quite tall for an average Japanese young woman. I know in volleyball, it's still quite short for a female player but I was inspired by Ishikawa Mayu, a rising star of Japan women's national team and sister of Ishikawa Yuki. She also shares the same height with Hinata.
________________________________________

After the 12 hours flight, Hinata and Takeo finally arrived back in Japan in the late evening that day. She smiled when she saw Yamaguchi waiting for her and Takeo at the airport. He was the only person who had the time to pick them up. Tsukishima was busy with his upcoming season in Division 2. The same goes to Hyakuzawa and Kageyama in Division 1. Yachi was busy as an intern at her mother's company.

The former Karasuno first-years actually planned to keep her return to Japan a secret from everyone else, especially Natsu. Kenma and her mother were the only ones who knew that she would be coming back today, other than them.

"Yamaguchi!! It's nice to see you again! Man, it's been awhile!!" She greeted happily as she walked up to him with Takeo next to her.

"Hey, Hinata! Yeah, it's been awhile. I'm glad this time you're actually coming back for good!" Yamaguchi chuckled. He looked different than he was back in high school. His dark green hair was now short and his physique has gotten more muscular even though he's the only Karasuno former first-year who didn't play volleyball professionally. Yachi received jealous looks from others because of how lucky she is.

Then he noticed Takeo and ruffled his fur. "Hey there, big guy. You've grown up so big!" He grinned when he received a proud bark from the Husky. "I'm serious, Hinata. He's a giant." It was true, Takeo have grown so much that he reached to Hinata's thighs, he was no longer the small puppy that would doze off in her arms easily as she carried him everywhere.

"And he's still growing," she added proudly before changing the topic. "Are you going to drive back straight to Miyagi right now? I mean, it's really far and I don't mind if we sleep one night in Tokyo first before we head back. I was actually thinking of sleeping at Kenma's for the night. Is that okay with you?"

He nodded. "Sure, no problem. But I'll sleep in my relative's house since they live here in Tokyo too. But seriously, are we going to keep your return as a secret from everyone? Won't Hyakuzawa get mad?" He raised an eyebrow questioningly before offering to pull her luggages instead since her hands were full of her snacks, phone and hand fan and holding onto Takeo's leash.

"Of course! Even my mom agreed to this! I wanna see how they react!" said Hinata before she laughed nervously. "About Yu-kun, I'm sure he won't get mad, but I'm also sure he won't react kindly about me keeping my return a secret from him," she shuddered, remembering how he promised to get his revenge from her.