Training Corps

: Year 832 :

"Isanna, I like you! Please g - "

"No."

With a blank face, Isanna walked past the boy. And here she was wondering what important thing this guy (she didn't even know his name) wanted to tell her out in the corridor. 

Here they were, training to fight for humanity's cause and people wanted to date? Isanna thought they were all stupid. She had followed Erwin's decision in joining the Training Corps for 3 years, striving to become stronger and fight for her life in this harsh world of man-eating abominations just so she could stay alive by her best friend's side, and people were really wasting their time pursuing useless goals. At least, useless to her. 

2 years had passed since both Isanna and Erwin joined the Training Corps, one more year left and they would be off to their deat - to the Survey Corps. What was she thinking. There was no way she was leaving Erwin alone - not with that stupid, risky, gambling side of him. 

Walking back into the mess hall where all the other cadets were having dinner after a tough day of training from their devil-spawned instructor, she strolled towards a particular table where a redhead and a brunette were eating their meals.

"Lemme guess, another confession?" The redhead shot a question when her eyes landed on Isanna. Her cheeks were full of food and some crumbs were dropping from her mouth, but she wasn't one to be mindful of table manners in the first place. 

The other girl with the brown hair peered over her shoulder and saw Isanna, before she grinned. "Duh, of course. This is Isanna we're talking about."

The said girl didn't say a word but took a seat beside the brunette and continued on with her meal that had been interrupted when the boy from earlier (she still hadn't gotten his name, but she wasn't interested to know either) called her out into the corridor. Isanna had a short patience with people who ruined her eating schedules, so she was not in a particularly good mood.

"Guess she rejected him," The girl with the short red hair who went by the name Adalaide Müller commented after gauging Isanna's reaction. "How many does that make it again, Chi?"

Chiara Bauer, the brunette, put down the spoon in her hand and began counting her fingers off. "... 11 people so far." 

"Damn," Adalaide lowly whistled as she looked at Isanna with amazement. "What's it like being so popular, Isa?"

Isanna swallowed the piece of food that she had been chewing before she answered with a bored gaze. "Annoying."

She never knew why those guys had taken a liking to her. It wasn't like she was the kindest saint out there, heck, she had the face of a constipated serial killer with her infamous death stare. A death stare she commonly gave to anyone - everyone who pissed her off. 

2 years of rigorous training as cadets transformed her like that. 

"Girl, you don't realize the value of that pretty face," Adalaide tutted at her with a dramatic shake of her head. As a close friend, she knew Isanna was so focused on training so that she could join Erwin in the Survey Corps and not get killed. The redhead could still remember when she first saw Isanna - the girl had looked so scrawny and weak and she had been constantly on the verge of crying every day for months on end when she first joined the Training Corps, but look at her now: six-pack abs like bread rolls but hard as rock, biceps and thighs that could kill, and a chiseled-face that could cut you in half. No wonder homegirl was getting confessions left and right. Hell, she even got a confession from a girl once.