Engagement Party

Being in the Survey Corps, Isanna couldn't remember the last time she ever felt like an actual girl.

In the last 14 years of her life, she had either spent her days away in the smelly-yet-barely-tolerable barracks or out dirtying her hands while slaying titans in expeditions.

Now as she stood in front of a body mirror in their temporary quarters in Wall Sina, wearing a sleeveless, night-colored allover sequin sheath gown with plunging v-neckline and a rather seducing slit that showcased her leg, it took Isanna few moments to recognize the feminine features gracing her figure, deeply accentuated as the dress hugged her curves. The person reflected in the mirror didn't look like her at all.

I actually feel like a woman for once, Isanna thought as she moved her body here and there to appreciate the rare sight. The long curls of ginger of the wig cascaded down her back, stopping just above her waist.

She just knew Hanji had enjoyed herself when she shopped for their disguises earlier afternoon. Imposing attires were not easily acquired back at Wall Maria, but it seemed clothing shops in Wall Sina were different.

"Mrs. Jackson, are you ready?"

Isanna rolled her eyes at Hanji's voice. Baldrick had told them that he was going to write their names in the guest logbook in fake surnames, and the hyperactive woman had been getting deeply engrossed in their guises.

"Ready to kick some noble lord's ass, yeah," Isanna replied just as the door to the room opened and Hanji sauntered in wearing her own evening gown of the night.

Hanji was clad in a sleeveless v-neck sequin tank sheath dress with mesh insets, intricate glossy patterns expertly decorating the almond-colored gown as light glows shimmered when hit by light. While Isanna wore a pair of two-inched red heels, Hanji partnered her attire with three-inched sandals of the same color as her dress, and her brown hair was tied up in her usual ponytail but in a more elegant style as small curls framed the sides of her face.

"You're still wearing glasses?" Isanna cocked her head to the side as she surveyed the younger woman. If Hanji exerted more effort to actually look this good back in their barracks, she'd have the rest of the guys at her beck and call. Too bad she spent most of her time in their small dusty mess of a library, perusing over books and going days without bathing.

The brunette nodded with the grin. "I can't see shit without my glasses, so I have to," she mused as she examined Isanna, "hot damn, girl, no wonder they call you a goddess. You better get some with squad leader Eyebrows tonight."

"Cut it out, Hanji," the girl retorted as she crossed her arms, before a thought crossed her mind, "why are Erwin and I the only ones to wear shitty wigs? How about you and Mike?"

"The two of you are too famous for your own good; a well-known soon-to-be Commander and the Scouts' War Goddess strutting around a young lord's engagement party will just call for unwanted attention."

"Tsk." Isanna grumbled at the thought of having to wear a wig for the rest of the night. Nevertheless, she accepted the explanation.

"Anyway, come on," Hanji's voice was lacing with excitement as she pulled Isanna by the arm, "aren't you excited to see your boyfriend? Let's go!"

An involuntary blush crept on the raven-now-ginger girl as she allowed to herself to be dragged. "He's not my boyfriend!"

"Right, right, sorry. I meant your husband."

"Hanji!"

::

"They're taking quite a while."