The Fall of Wall Maria III

The titans kept on coming.

Isanna latched a hook on a tall bricked tower and shot past behind a 10-meter class titan that had a soldier in its grasp, as she slashed its nape along the way. Clicking her handgrip, she whirled around and grabbed the Scout by  the back of his jacket and flung him to a nearby roof.

The soldier landed on the roof with a grunt, his body rolling but fortunately not falling off the house.

"Be more alert," Isanna commanded as she dropped on the rooftop near the soldier. After ensuring the man had no injuries, she turned around and zipped away, a distant mutter of gratitude from the soldier reached her ears but she didn't look back at him.

The raven scanned the ruins of the southern city of Wall Maria as she flew. It was sheer destruction; towers of buildings were crumbled down across the streets, bloodied human corpses laid around leaving a rancid effluvium permeating and mixing with the air - it was hell aboveground.

Isanna could make out Levi and a good number of veteran Scouts in the near distance. She directed her route towards where her comrades were and joined the battle.

"This is it - this is where I die, and this is where I make my last stand for humanity. Isa, Levi, please tell Erwin I'm sorry for stealing his hair gel last week! And tell Mike I may or may not have broken his razor while trying to groom Mhile! But to my defense, he was squirming so much - look, he even scratched my cheek! If you survive this, you need to file his nails! Lastly, I want you to know that I love you all so m-"

"OH MY GOD! Shut up, Hanji!"

"I thought you're an atheist!"

Whipping her head to give the younger woman a glare, Isanna flipped her body to avoid a titan's grasp before she zoomed behind it and cut through the flesh of its nape, steaming titan blood splattering around. After hooking a line on a tall building and suspending her figure for a short break, she returned her attention to the brunette, who had also just killed a titan.

"This is no time for dramatics!" yelled Isanna through the air, "I swear to the walls, Hanji, you'll get yourself killed if you goof around!"

Hanji released a small squeal as she leaped off the roof of a house and flew away with her maneuvering gear. "Eek! Isa's mad!"

Shaking her head, Isanna narrowed her eyes at the brunette's flying figure. She was astounded how the woman could still be so jubilant despite their situation.

Isanna surveyed her surroundings, seeing the number of Scouts battling titans, and frowned when she realized something. The girl turned to Levi, who was not that far from her currently suspended form.

"160 cm! Where's Mike?"

Levi snapped his head to look at her with a sharp glare. Just like Isanna, he had his form suspended on the side of a tall building, with a leg resting on its wall.

"Big talk coming from someone who's taller by only five centimeters."

"I'm still taller by five whole centimeters!" Isanna yelled back, "now where's Mike?"

Levi clicked his tongue. "He went back to headquarters to get that damn ugly cat." Talk about priorities. Humanity's third wall of protection had just been broken down, and one of their strongest soldiers thought it'd be for humanity's best interest to save one cat.

At the information, Isanna blinked a few times at the raven shorty, disbelief painting her expression. Mike had went back for Mhile? That was ridiculous, but it was something she didn't have a hard time picturing, since Mike was the most attached to the cat out of them all.