Mess in the Mess hall

A/N: can we just appreciate that broad muscly back of our best commander and that fine ass.. i simp so hard for this man istg 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you weren't such a fucking snail we would've won!"

"If you didn't keep on nagging at my ear I would've been able to focus!"

"What's that gotta do with your slow-ass speed, dumbo?"

Isanna stared with a smirk as she watched Adalaide and Nile go at each other, throwing insult after insult. Their morning race had just ended; it was now late noontime, and Isanna and Erwin were the winners, followed by Mike and his partner, then Adrian and Chiara. Nile and Adalaide finished fourth, and the eight cadets were currently at the training grounds, waiting for the rest of their batchmates to finish. 

"Chill down guys," Adrian grinned as he rested an arm on Chiara's shoulder, slightly bending down to lean on her. "it's not like you'll be the only ones cleaning the bathrooms."

Chiara grunted in disgust and slapped Adrian's arm off her, muttering a "Get off me, flower boy." Adrian feigned a hurt look at her harsh gesture. 

"Yeah, just suck it up, Dok," Isanna butted in. She was still on Erwin's back, refusing to come down since a while ago, stating that she enjoyed the view (Erwin didn't complain). She had her elbow resting atop the blond's head while her cheek lazily rested on her palm. "You lost."

Nile shifted his attention from Adalaide to Isanna, shooting the latter girl a pissed look. "Quiet, chipmunk. Just stay where you are and enjoy the view while you still can, it's not everyday you can look down on me, anyway."

"What did you - wanna go, loser?" Isanna's face changed into a more annoyed expression as she quipped with a challenging tone at Nile's backhanded statement. She started rolling her sleeves before getting down from Erwin's back. 

Nile didn't back down at the challenge and stood on his spot, glaring right back at the girl. 

"This is gonna be interesting," Nile heard Adrian say out loud as Isanna neared him. 

Straightening his posture, Nile raised both fists in a fighting stance, about to lunge towards the girl when Erwin stopped them. 

"Enough, you two."

Like a puppet, Isanna stopped in her tracks and looked over her shoulder to see Erwin staring at them with a disapproving frown, Mike standing beside him who looked a bit disappointed that Erwin had stopped them before the juicy stuff could happen. 

"Dok, I knew you were stupid, but not like this," Adalaide bluntly stated, arms crossed while shaking her head. "Remember the last time you sparred with Isanna?"

Nile flinched, recalling how he had literally wiped the floor with his face when he had been thrown by the girl who was a head shorter than him. It happened months back.

Whenever it came to strength and skills, nobody could beat Isanna. She was a league of her own and had honed her skills at the highest level, executing exemplary combat and 3D gear techniques above everyone else. Undoubtedly, she was the top of the class. 

"Tch," Nile looked away while Adalaide strolled towards Isanna and grinned at her friend, bumping fists together. 

While the girls went off to cool down after their 5-hour morning trek, the four boys gathered around, with Adrian playfully teasing Nile.

"Is our wittle Nile's ego hurt?"

"Shut up, Adrian," he snapped before he looked at Erwin. "if you had just let me fight her, I would've beaten her this time."