Chapter 19: Shopping

December 31, 10:30 PM: The scenery flashed by the tinted windows of the gleaming Rolls-Royce; silver blue lights of the city at night reflected in its panes as the black vehicle zoomed by. Xian pressed her face nearer, so close that her breath was fogging up the glass, enthralled by the neon lights that marked every inch of the metropolis. As the car came to a slow halt, she could see the pedestrians strut by, all stocked up in thick winter clothing against the cold as they walked against brand-named stores, shoes and heels clacking against the stone pavement.

They came to park near the side of the road, like all the other cars, and slowly exited. Her eyes lit up at all the Christmas lights that strung overhead, glistening like silver snowflakes. 

They joined the ever-shifting crowd as they strode down the beautiful avenue, blending in with all the passersby, though they stood out a little because of their height, taking in sights of the city and all its beauty. Xian clung to Goo's arm for warmth while Gun tagged along behind. She was wearing one of Goo's old coats from when he was like, thirteen, because she didn't have one of her own, as they chatted warmly.

If she looked to her left, she could see a lake outstretched endlessly, black waters glistening with the reflections of the city on the other side as she shivered from the cold. It didn't help that a sudden breeze blew by, cutting at her cheek.

"Cold?" he snickered.

She nodded as her teeth were beginning to chatter.

"Here, come closer."

He grinned as she stepped closer to him while Gun glared at them from behind, not liking how close they were. His scowl only deepened when Goo turned around and shot him a triumphant smirk. He mouthed an angry 'hands off my candidate', only to have Goo flip him off. He rolled his eyes at them before he glazed over the mannequins that lined the display, seeing a suit he thought looked good as he paid them no mind.

"Is there anything you want, kid?" Goo asked out of the blue.

"W-what?"

"Y'know, since we're out shopping."

She tilted her head to the side, biting her lip as she thought. There really wasn't anything she wanted or needed. She was happy with the way things were.

"Just tell me! Whatever it is, I'll buy it for you," he continued, pulling her close to him as she glowed red with embarrassment, still not used to people buying stuff for her, "How about a dress? Shoes? Necklace?"

She burst out laughing as she shook her head at him. 

"It's alright! Just buy something for yourself! Is there anything you wanted to get?"

"Ooh, there're these shoes from Christian Louboutin I want.." he mused as he placed his hand on his chin thoughtfully, and she leaned against him as she listened to him ramble on.

He strummed her waist distractedly as they walked, more window shopping than actually shopping. Eventually, his eyes grew dull from the boredom, as he skimmed the crowd mindlessly--

His eyes lit up at the sight of the chick with short hair who sauntered past him, clad in a neon bandeau as he whistled to himself lowly, stopping for a moment to ogle her. Xian turned to look at him, wondering why they were stopping and when she saw what he was doing, she frowned at him unhappily.

She let go of his arm, letting it drop to his side. His gaze promptly switched to her as he watched her wander away. Gun raised an eyebrow at her as she approached him, only to have her grin at him as she tapped on his arm. He rolled his eyes and held it out for her, letting her hold his hand. She emitted a happy sound as she now clung to him, intertwining her fingers with his.