Chapter 17: Doing Chores

CLONK!

Goo set the metal paint bucket on the floor, watching as the light pink liquid sloshed inside, and he looked at the three others around it. Aside from that, they had two trays on the ground, and two paint rollers they picked up along the way.

He glanced at Xian.

" 'you think that's enough?"

"Yup!" she quipped brightly and he burst into a grin.

"Great! Let's start. If there's any leftovers, we'll paint Gun's room too."

Xian burst out laughing, just like he'd wanted her to and he grinned at her happily. Goo yanked the wrapper off his white paint roller, and she watched as he poured the paint into the shallow tray. Unable to wait, she dunked her own roller inside, giggling as the fluffy material quickly turned pink and she brandished it like a magic wand, just for shit 'n giggles.

He chuckled at her as she went prancing over to the other end of the room, while he stuck his roller onto the white surface, hearing it SPLAT! loudly as he rolled it across the wall. He had no idea what he was doing but he did it anyways.

He heard another loud SPLAT! and turned around, seeing Xian painting a different wall.

They looked at each other for a long time.

"I thought we were painting this wall!"

"I thought we were painting this wall! I-- AH!" 

She shrieked as she accidentally kicked the tray, sending it flying as it splattered across the wall.

Goo looked between all three walls, two unprofessionally painted and the third ungracefully splattered. He looked to the ceiling, contemplating his life for a minute.

"Fuck it, let's just paint all of them."

"Yay!"

Gun stepped foot inside the living room, closing the door shut. He massaged his temple as he shut his eyes with a frown. That didn't go well. Fuck, he had a headache. 

He shook his head in aggravation before he looked around, realising it was a lot quieter than he'd expected. Maybe they were still out buying things?

'Can't be,' he thought as his frown deepened. The hallway leading up to their house was filled with furniture. He suspected Goo was responsible for that. He knew the kid was strong but he didn't think she could lift a vanity just yet. 

Then, where were they?

He just noticed there was a faint light pouring out from the kid's room and he strode towards it. He pushed the door open, peering in curiously, and he came upon a funny sight.

Two figures laid fast asleep on the floor, leaning against a part of the wall that still wasn't painted as their clothes were stained pink. Xian leaned against Goo's arm as the blonde snored on with his mouth wide open, both dead to the world around them. Gun glanced up at the room, seeing the walls unfinished painted as their paint rollers lay off to the side.

And without a word, he picked her up in his arms as he carried her to the living room, placing her on the sofa before he returned to the room.

He dragged Goo out by the leg, leaving him in the hallway where the blonde promptly snuggled with his doormat, thinking it was his teddy bear or something.

And Gun went back in, picking up the paint roller lying on the floor as he finished up painting the last few walls.