Chapter 16: Home

November 23, 10:40 AM: Gun stood in front of the mirror as he played with the tips of his hair. It'd been awhile since he'd done his hair like this; swooped back in a comma hairdo with a touch of Western style, that it was weird seeing himself with it. He was too used to just gelling it back so it looked more professional. He narrowed his eyes at the mirror, trying to remember if this was how he did it last time. He placed his hand on the sink as he looked down with a groan.

Who was he kidding, he felt really stupid.

He sighed as he massaged the bridge of his nose, placing his sunglasses back on before he turned and left the bathroom. Their room was empty, meaning Xian and Goo were most probably outside. He looked around to make sure there was nothing else he needed, making the swift decision to go and find her--

He frowned as he heard cheering outside.

'What the... What's going on?'

The door clicked open as he stepped out of his room, and he saw something down the corridor that made his scowl deepen.

Xian was frozen to the spot as she was pressed to the wall, surrounded by the raging mob. The crowd cheered and hollered wildly as she was shoved from all sides. Girls she didn't know started shaking her shoulders in excitement, and they squealed even louder as the bouquet of roses was shoved in front of her face.

The yacht boy she'd befriended yesterday stood in front of her as the paper wrapping in his hands from how bad he was shaking. His friends clapped him on the back with pride, effortless hyping up the crowd who'd gathered to watch the confession take place. 

"Whew! Min-Jun!"

"You're the man!"

"Look how red he's getting!"

"Hehe! Cute!"

"They're both red!"

The corridor was filled to the brim with people who screamed and cheered as they egged her on to say yes. They chanted wildly, so loud they could've been mistaken for a football stadium.

The young boy took a deep breath as one of his friends bellowed for everyone to shut up.

"Yi Xian!" he shouted loudly as everyone held their breaths, and he bowed in front of her, "Will you be my girlfriend?!"

The crowd exploded into cheers.

Words were indiscernible, only screaming. Forget a football stadium it sounded like a fucking rock concert. 

She shrunk as they seemed to be coming closer and closer. Her heartbeat quickened as she felt that bout of claustrophobia, until something in her snapped and she was about to retaliate when suddenly, the cheering stopped altogether.

And they stared at lone figure standing at the end of hallway.

Gun stood at the opposite end of the corridor, tall and imposing. His mere presence had caused the raging crowd to go silent as everybody stared at him. With each click of his shoes against the spotless metal floor, they parted way for him, averting their gaze as he walked past. They quickly looked to their feet, too intimidated by his stature and physique which seemed to tower over the entire hallway, and nobody said anything as he stopped right in front of the poor yacht boy who looked like he was going to cry.

It was so quiet they could hear the breeze blowing outside.

He cast the boy an unimpressed glare, eyeing him and down. At most, he was probably seventeen or eighteen. He snuck a glance at the bouquet quivering in his hands before he looked to his left, seeing her stare up at him with wide lost eyes.