Chapter 10: Dreamy Moonlight

October 29, 3:02 AM: Gun laid awake on his bed, his head rested on his hands as he stared at the ceiling, letting thoughts run wild through his mind. His shades sat soundly by the bedside table as moonlight shone in through the windows, filling the room with an ethereal silver glow. He'd covered half his torso with the pure white blankets, as he ran through the list of people he had to contact over and over again. He tried to plan ahead, thinking of every word he would have to say. It gave him a headache and the only reason he hadn't reached for a cigarette was because it was a no-smoke zone.

He was going to be even busier back home. Him and Goo were expected to be behind schedule, which would mean he had to go collect too, meaning he had double the work because he also had to go guard 'her majesty' Crystal Choi.

He sighed, covering his face with his hands.

'Fuck, what am I doing? I'm nineteen but I feel like I'm thirty.'

He removed a hand, allowing his eyes to wander to ceiling.

He supposed he had it easier than Goo. Guarding Crystal, no matter how preachy and annoying she got, was less annoying than collecting.

And he still had no successor. It was his biggest mind-fuck and left him feeling like he needed to slam his head into a table the most. It was during times like this he wished he could be retarded like Goo and not care whoever the fuck took his position. He was pretty sure the piss hair just eenie-meenie-miney-moe'd it.

But his boss was going to wring his head if he chose someone incapable.

He wondered if this place had a pool. He felt like swimming tomorrow. Was the breakfast here nice?

'Fuck.'

He blinked.

'I can't sleep.'

He swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood up, blankets slipping off him messily as he strode to the other side of the wall. The refrigerator creaked as he grabbed a glass and a bottle of wine before he went to the living room. He placed the heavy bottle on the glass table with a thud, about to sit down...

... and he was so fucking glad he looked before he sat.

He leapt a foot in the air.

'WHATEVER THE FUCK--'

He let out a short breath, heart beginning to beat back at a normal pace...

Was it because of the dreamy moonlight?

Gun looked down at the sleeping figure laying on his sofa, blinking in surprise. Her hair was strewn all over, wisps framing her face like a halo.

Or was it the atmosphere?

If he looked hard enough, he could see her chest rise and fall, taking each rhythmic breath.

He crouched down.

That moment...

And a tear streamed down her face.

Her eyes were red and puffy, and if he listened close enough, he could hear how stuffy her nose was.

And yet...

Her skin glowed in the moonlight, fairer and smoother than porcelain, with that hint of pink that never left the apples of her cheeks. Her lips were redder than the fabled Snow White's, and so temptingly soft as her hair pooled around her head, darker than the sea at night.