Chapter 6: Monster

October 28, 2:35 PM: Eugene stared a dumbfounded gaze as his eyes landed on his attacker. The crazy bitch didn't talk, only growling a guttural snarl as blood and saliva dripped from the edge of her lips to the ground.

And he burst out laughing, his underlings cackling alongside him.

The first thing Gun noticed was that she was still in her sweater and leggings. He frowned at this, but it was probably for the better that she hadn't changed. She would've ruined the dress he bought her with all the blood.

The gangster doubled over, supporting his large belly on his knees as he wiped a tear of joy. 

Xian flinched, still hunched over. She hissed at all the laughing.

"Haha... It's a girl?" Eugene chuckled, "你妈的! Crazy b*tch..."

"Ay, boss! Just let her go!" his underling called while his friend pointed at her, making a series of hollering noises.

"Hey! Tsk tsk tsk!" he cooed to her, bending as if he were talking to a dog.

She growled at him, baring her teeth, but this only sparked another round of laughter from the gangsters.

"小姐, just move," he guffawed heartily, "My business is not with you."

He took a step towards Goo and she jumped between them protectively, eyes still piercing with rage. Xian snapped at him, showcasing her blood-soaked teeth.

The smiled dripped off the gangster's face.

"I don't hit girls," he stated blankly, "A man is not a man if he raises a hand to a girl."

It was these very words that made Gun smirk.

"Kid."

She turned around, hostile expression wiped off as she blinked up at him expectantly. Gun imagined if she had puppy ears, they would be perked up. 

"What're you waiting for? Finish him off."

"Yeah! Give 'em hell, kid!"

She stared at them for a second, face barren of emotion when she whipped around to glare the gangster down, hissing wildly once more.

And she charged.

The guy was built like a troll, rock solid. He was five foot ten, a monster at the Judo centre. Muscles bulged from his arms, his legs thick like the bark of a tree...

...so he had no idea why he felt threatened by a little girl.

Maybe it was the look in her eyes.

Yeah. Definitely the look in her eyes.

But a girl was no match for him--

She swung her leg, aiming for his junk when his hands flew to his crotch, protecting his precious sack. 

What the fuck--

There was a swipe and her other leg was near his face.

'A high kick?! What the--'

He raised his arm to block it, only to realise it was gone.

And her leg swung down, hard from above, and he heard a sick crack. He was brought to his knees, grasping his shoulder in pain.

Gun raised an eyebrow in surprise. The kid knew a Brazilian kick? He wasn't expecting that at all. 

'Does she have Johan's talent?' he thought silently, 'I'll have to ask her.'

And he watched her fight. There was that animalistic look in her eyes. What he liked most about her style of fighting, unlike others and even himself, was that she didn't waste time talking. She got right to it.