Chapter 18: Training

November 24, 6:35 AM: Xian woke up the next morning in an unfamiliar environment, hints of a familiar scent in a bed that was warm and far too cozy. It took her awhile to fully wake up, and when she did, she let her eyes trail across the dim ceiling. Her eyes were swollen and puffy, and all she could do was groan as she sat up groggily...

And the first thing she did, was yank the covers right off her legs.

'Okay, I'm still wearing clothes. So nothing happened,' she thought as she sighed in relief, before she looked around in confusion, 'Where am I?'

Xian scanned the room in front of her, noting how there was a white desk right opposite her, a black leather chair tucked underneath. The air smelled exceptionally clean, and she was laying in what was probably the most comfortable bed in her life. She wanted to bundle up and go right back to sleep when suddenly, someone strut in.

Her eyes popped open.

'Oh right. This is his room.'

Gun brushed past the doorway briskly, about to walk by when he caught her staring at him tentatively.

"Oh, you're awake."

"G-Good morning!" she greeted, smiling at him brightly, and he could hear how stuffy her nose. Her eyes were red too...

He couldn't help but frown at this.

"Are you looking for something?" she chimed, snapping him out of his daze.

He met her eyes across the room, tucking his hands into his pockets as he contemplated her for a moment before he turned to leave.

"Meet me in training room when you're ready," he said curtly, grabbing a couple small boxes from his table.

And with that, he sauntered out the door, leaving it open.

Xian collapsed back into bed with a sigh. 

'Oh well... So much for sleeping in,' she thought, laying on his pillow longingly, 'Why's his bed so comfy...'

She hopped back up.

'Might as well get ready. 'should do something about my eyes too...'

Gun stepped out of the gym room for a moment when he was pleasantly surprised to see her standing in the kitchen, so he approached her steadily.

"Hey kid," he called, "Are you done--...... ???"

She whipped around to face him, two spoons on her eyes*.

(*Tip: Applying cool metal spoons under the eyes can help reduce puffiness in the morning after crying. It looks silly, but it works!)

Gun blinked at her in confusion.

"What are you doing?"

"Blockin' out the haters."

. . .

"?"

She removed the utensils from her eyes, tilting her head at his confused expression.

'Does he... Does he not get it?'

Gun paused for a minute, as if contemplating her, before he let out an aggravated sigh.

"N-nevermind," he grumbled as he waved his hands carelessly, and he sauntered back to his room, "Just hurry up."

'She's so weird,' he thought as he huffed.

'So weird...' she thought as she huffed, frowning at his back, 'What teenager doesn't know vine?!'