Chapter 3: Sticks and Stones

October 16, 5:31 PM: Goo glanced around nervously, growing ever so wary of the darkening sky which had long turned from blue to a blazing gold. What irked him most was that they didn't seem to be anywhere near the edge of the forest. Ugh, he had no idea why Gun insisted on 'checking things out'. He wished the guy got a life. It would make his own so much easier.

"Oi, what're we even doing? Can we just go back to the hotel? I'll stop complaining if we go back right now!"

"Just keep complaining."

"Son of a bitch," he grumbled and smacked his arm.

Gun rolled his eyes at him. Goo was the last person he wanted to be with. He was surprised he'd followed him at all, really. He was really hoping he'd go left like he'd so loudly insisted upon. Then he could've finally had his peace and quiet. Then again, Goo was chickenshit; there was no way he'd go alone.

He pushed aside the branches that somewhat obscured his path, annoyed that they were even in his way. He was sure it had to be around here somewhere. They'd been walking for awhile now. They had to be near it--

There was an abnormally large crunch.

Both looked down.

Gun lifted up his foot and sure enough, glass sprawled beneath his shoe, glittering and nearly reduced to powder. He lifted his gaze, eyes landing on the wreckage before him, and he let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding.

And there it was. Glass lay around it like an unwelcoming pathway. Its windows were shattered, crumple zone demolished as if the car has smashed into the ground headfirst in a nosedive. Three of its four door hung open lamely, barely on their hinges and what was once smooth body plate now resembled scrunched-up tissue, metal folding in and out with parts ripped to shreds. It had been a nice car too; some Honda, painted a cool metallic grey.

"Damn," was all Goo managed to say.

Gun strut up to the site of the car crash, glass crunching beneath him as he walked. He'd be lying if he said he didn't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for whoever had been struck with such a nasty fate.

The car had landed in a tight clearing, right next to the rocky side of the mountain, but it didn't look like it had made an easy descent. If he looked up, he could see that the tops of multiple trees had been torn clean off, now tilting at dangerous angles.

Gun gripped the handle of the remaining door. With relative ease, he yanked it open and peered inside.

There were some blankets tossed around but other than that, there wasn't much.

He checked the boot next. He pried it open, just as shards of glass trickled onto his coat.

There was a broken purple luggage and some bags. One was filled with empty food packings. The other had three unopened instant noodle cups. There were some empty bottles.

He frowned in confusion.

He noted that everything seemed oddly... arranged, for being put through a car accident.

He went up to check the front seats. He stuck his head in, only to be greeted with the sight of blood all over the windscreen, dried, but had previously seeped into the cracks to form something similar to a demonic spider web. There were bloodied hand prints on the car window too, long and slender.

Gross.

With very little emotion, he left the scene as it was.

"Any survivors?"

" 'doubt so."

"Yeah, didn't think so either--" Goo muttered as he took a step forward, before a pungent smell hit his nostrils and he had the sudden urge to gag, "Eugh! What the fuck is that?!"