8.5: The Night Before Christmas

(A/N: Its December 2021 in this chapter. This chapter is part of the storyline and is completely canon.)

Your POV (aka second-person):

"Come hither orphans." Techno says as he sits on a velvet chair in front of you. You watch as he positions himself in front of a fire place, like a mall Santa waiting to have children placed on his lap.

"Today, I am going to be reading you a Christmas story. But it's not just any normal Christmas story, oh no." He says as he wags in finger in front of your face.

"Have a seat child, and get comfortable as this story will be a long one."

You do as he says and sit criss cross on the cozy carpet in front of him. You play with your thumbs as Techno brings out a leather cover book. His hands trace the title. You eye the title as he opens the book and starts reading. The words "The Night Before Christmas" act as the title.

You squint a tiny bit and manage to read the tiny words scribbled underneath. "Ft. Danni, Jeremy, Quackity, and Dream.". Huh, must be an indie or a stand alone book.

Technoblade clears his throat and you sit up straight as he begins:

"T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The four residents of the apartment sat quietly in bed, as the couples snuggled up and watched Netflix movies instead."

"This roof houses two couples, each with different dynamics and relationships towards each other. We have your chill, cute couple; Danni and Alex. Then we have the alike, yet not alike couple; Clay and Jeremy."

"What do you think they bought for each other? Is it something old or new? Is it something from the heart, or is it something you can buy at a zoo?"

"Let's take a look at our friend Clay, he's seemed very nervous earlier today..."

~

Dream POV:

Today is Christmas Eve, and I'm shifting in my seat. I'm next to Jeremy, whom I get very nervous around more often. It's not like I was in love with him or anything.

Wrong, very wrong. I was madly in love with him.

But ever since our date, I've always wondered why he could never see us as a couple yet. Was it something about me? Was it a him thing instead? I may never know. It's been a year since the ball and I've just been racking the memories through my mind. The two of us are good friends, not really publicly since Jeremy isn't on twitter often. Even though him and Danni started Twitch streaming as a hobby, they're terrible at being online.

Me and Jeremy were sitting next to each other on the couch of Danni and Quackity's house. They invited us to stay with them for the holidays. Techno and Rory were invited too, but they were in the UK for Christmas. Quackity also was very insistent that we came because he needed our help with Danni's gift. (A/N: As always, Rory is CASTIKLINE 's OC so go show em some love!)

I would tell you what it is, but that would spoil the surprise now would it?

In the middle of "A Christmas Carol." , Danni walked into the living room. They were wearing a fancy blazer and waved to us.

"Hey guys, Do you know where Alex is? He left me this weird note again..." They said, holding up a familiar purple-stained envelope.

We shrug our shoulders and as soon as Danni goes upstairs, we get up to our feet and start working. Quackity instructed us to "set up the balcony" after Danni came home. So to the balcony we went, grabbing our coats because it is freezing.