11: I love you

Jeremy POV:

"Wow, 'Lovely Husband'. Seems a bit clichè, even for you Clay." I said, looking at the sign.

"I was just following your orders Jer." He says, chuckling a tiny bit.

We embrace each other with a hug and walk away from the crowd of people surrounding the doors. Making our way to the front doors of the airport, we get caught in the crosshairs of presumably high school seniors on their way to a class trip. I lose Clay for a bit but find relief when I feel a familiar warmth wrap their hand in mine, interlocking our fingers while doing so.

He pulls me out of the crowd and we make our way to his car. He loads up my suitcases and we get inside.

"By the way, amazing hoodie."

~

I've only been here for 20 minutes and everything has already gone to hell.

Let's backtrack a bit why don't we?

First off, when me and Clay walked through the door Patches immediately walked- no ran in between us with Sapnap following shortly after her. All I heard was a small "Hi Jeremy" before Clay ran after him. According to Sapnap, he was trying to give Patches a bath but failed miserably when drying her.

They managed to grab her and get back inside. After some exchanged pleasantries Sapnap helped me bring my bags up to Clay's room. The plan was that I would sleep in his room while Clay slept on the couch. I passed by another room and peeped in to say hi.

"Hello Goggs."

"Oh shit, Heyyyy Jeremy!!" George said, spinning around his chair from his setup and giving me a hug.

"Dang man, I felt like we haven't seen each other since the ball last year."

"I know right? Time just does that to some people." George agrees with the same British accent we all know and love.

The next thing that happened was when I was unpacking. I was just looking for a place to hang my towel when I got locked in the bathroom. I closed the door behind me to try and find a towel rack but to no avail. When I tried opening the door, the fucking knob came off. So I stood there, flabbergasted and holding a broken door knob with no phone and a dry towel.

"Shit, uhhh Clay? Sapnap? George? Help!!" I said loudly.

I heard the soft sounds of footsteps and a knock on the door.

"Jeremy? You okay?" Sapnap said.

"No, no I'm not okay."

"What's up? The toilet paper is in the left cabinet Jer."

"No it's not that, I'm kind of...stuck."

"...Jeremy just sit up."

"No! Sapnap the doorknob came off."

"What? No way."

I hear him try to jimmy the door open. He tries only to break the doorknob on the other side, leaving a circular hole behind.

"Shit." Sapnap says, looking through the hole.

I look back to see him surveying the door up and down.

"Uh...Hang tight Jer. We'll get you out."

~

After that whole debacle, Clay's bathroom door can no longer lock. So the three told me to just like my room door completely if I'm going to shower just so I can have privacy. I finished unpacking and heard a knock at the door while checking my emails on my laptop I brought.