5: Like I said, I'm tired

Jeremy POV:

I paid no attention to the text. I ended up just blocking the number entirely. I didn't want to deal with it right now. Mainly because today is the day, where I would go to the hotel with Techno for the Ball. It's a couple hours away so...road trip! Yay!!!

I was sitting in my apartment waiting for Techno to text me when I received a phone call. It was the police, they said that my roommate, Corey, has been arrested. They had called me since I'm listed as his "emergency contact".

(Cops in bold , Jeremy in italics )

Wait sir, can you just tell me what his charge is? I've known him for a while and I'm just curious.

I'm afraid I can not disclose that information at this moment Mr. Atherton. But you will have to testify in court around January. For now, Corey is out on bail.

Ah okay I see, Thank you sir.

The call ended and I just didn't know how to feel. Corey, the guy I've known for years, just got arrested? I mean, I don't really want to know the details. I just want to know if he's going to be okay. Oh well, We'll see in January.

I heard a car honk from outside my building. I peer out the window to see Techno's car and immediately grab my bags. I didn't want to keep him waiting. As soon as I stepped out of the lobby, Techno helped me with putting my bags inside the car.

~

"So, are you nervous?" Techno asked me, keeping his eyes on the road.

"No, I mean majority of them are your friends right?"

"Well, not all of them. Some of them I haven't even met yet. Like, I heard Wilbur's brother is gonna be there. And apparently Eret has a boyfriend now so he'll be there too."

I hum in understanding and continue scrolling through my phone.

"Hey, do you think we'll run into Dream and those guys?"

"Why, you wanna meet em?"

"Yes."

"Huh, straight-to-the-point. Nice." Techno says as he nods up and down.

The silence is uncomfortable. This man clearly loves driving in silence. Not me though, I got permission to the aux cord and played "A Letter To My Younger Self" by Quinn XCII. I watch as Techno's expression changes from disappointment to satisfaction.

"Oh wait I forgot to tell you." I said as we stopped at a red light. I stifle through my backpack to bring out a cheap, $2, teal green notebook.

"I'm writing a new book. I know, I know, 'Jeremy you should finish the WIPs you have already' but I couldn't resist when I had the idea."

"Jer, just do what makes you happy. Either way, I'll be buying your book online against 30 other bidders when its priced at $89 dollars because it's the last copy. You'll do great, I just hope that you'll write an ending."

"Thanks, Techno!! I really appreciate you reminding me why I'm very indecisive!"

"Anytime." He says with a smirk on his face.

We share a laugh and listen to the rest of the playlist the entire drive.

~

Me and Techno ended up arriving at the hotel. We got out our bags and entered the main lobby. Techno went up to the front desk to check us in while I stood idle behind him.

"Checking in for 'Technoblade'."

"Oh wow, you were actually serious. Uh, we did save a room for you just under another name because we didn't know if you were joking or not."