6: The MCC Charity Ball! pt. 1

⚠️Mentions of drunkness, a panic attack, and stalking (aka "Bitcherine" as Bnhalemons likes to call our small antagonist)

Jeremy POV:

The ball was merely days away at this point. Today was the semi-big day of course, the dinner. Me and Techno pondered if we should skip it considering that so many people were going. We ended up compromising, meaning I went and Techno stayed inside.

I didn't think much of my outfit. Just a simple short-sleeve button up and pants. The only reasons why I went was 1: free food, and 2: possibly the chance of meeting Dream. I snap out of my train of thought as I soon realized I was standing in the idle elevator. I didn't even click the button.

I press the button and wait as the elevator descends downwards. I play with my thumbs to calm my nerves a bit. As soon as the doors open, I immediately think to myself: I should've stayed in with Techno and watched movies.

Not only was half of youtube here, but the other half consisted of their close friends and loved ones. I take a deep breath and step out of the elevator. I felt like a fish out of water and tried scanning the crowd gathered in the front for someone to cling to.

Failing, I squirmed off to the side and pulled out my phone to text anyone. I hesitated pressing on Danni's contact, they're probably not too keen and talking to me right now. I just decided to look through old photos instead since the wifi was so bad for some reason.

I hear a familiar british accented boy call out my name and I sigh in relief. George, thank God.

"Hey Jeremy!" Said George, quickly followed by Sapnap as they squeeze through the crowd.

"George! Sapnap!"

The three of us share a hug and I listen like a child as the two talk about their hangouts with Dream and such. I tuned out after a while, but everyone started to congregate inside the restaurant. Luckily, I was seated with George. Sapnap got seperated from us and was seated at Danni's table.

We were the first two at our table. We talked about horses and how sad it is that they just die if their leg is broken. (A/N: it is kinda sad though)

Slowly, the people started flowing into their respective tables. Ours consisted of Me, George, Captain Puffy, Lilypichu and Michael Reeves, and one empty chair. I just assumed it was meant to be Techno's considering it was placed next to me.

The 5 of us were having a light-hearted debate and whether or not tasers could be beneficial as shock therapy. In the midst of the conversation, the actual 6th member of our table appears.

He stood at about 6'0, maybe more. He wore a slightly wrinkled, long-sleeve with a black t-shirt pulled over it. His hair was a bit messy, he struggled to keep it in place as he caught his breath. I can only assume he practically rushed to get here.

"Ha...ha...sorry I'm late guys. I think I overslept." He said.

"That's alright Clay." said George.

Wait a damn minute.

Clay?

But Dream's real name is Clay....

HOLY SHIT ITS DREAM I- JHRJWJFNEIEJSJSJWO.

Dream nods sheepishly and takes the empty seat next to me. Stay calm Jeremy, stay calm.

"Well, I thought that a speed-runner would actually be early to an event." Michael joked, he choked on his water when Lily punched him softly on the arm.