2: The letter

⚠️Mentions of drinking, Stalking, and s*x (not written but mentioned)

Jeremy POV:

I left Danni's place hours ago. I wanted to stay back but I had a quiz to study for. It was now the middle of the night and I had other plans in store. Actually, I was planning on Danni's gift for their birthday. Their birthday is literally tomorrow and I had not gotten them a gift yet.

Dreadful etiquette, I know.

But it's the thought that counts right? I was in my bedroom looking up prices for sewing machines when I heard a soft thunk hit my window. I turn to see nothing. I shrug it off, thinking it was just my roommate getting busy with a girl and continued searching.

I heard the sound again. thunk. This time, I get up and turn to face the window when I see something that nearly knocked me off my feet. It was a medium sized piece of paper with the words "Check your door" written in black ink.

Scared, I hesitated walking to my front door. Should I call the police? No, I had no proof of who it could be. They'll just shrug it off. I decided to bite the bullet and obey the ominous message. Before opening it however, I looked through the peephole. I saw no one there.

I opened the door and saw a stuffed envelope on the floor of the doorstep with the words "FOR JEREMY" written on the front. I picked it up and closed the door, deciding to open it in the kitchen. I ripped open the top of the envelope and lets the contents spill out on my counter top.

Inside was many, many photos of Techno with red X's across his face in each one. There was also a folded letter inside, I unfolded it and read it.

"Dearest Jeremy,

I hope this letter finds you in the same way I did.

Even though we only met briefly, I couldn't stop thinking about you. The way your shoulder brushed up against mine. The way you looked at me with those green, seductive eyes with a questioning stare.

I am obsessed with you Jeremy Atherton.

And I don't plan on forgetting about you anytime soon.

xoxo Katherine."

This girl's name is Katherine? Kinda creepy, sticking to pigtail girl...

Taped to the bottom was a locket of hair I assume is hers. I felt a second piece of paper behind the note and slide it out. It's a photo of me, on my bed, working on my laptop. I'm wearing the same clothes as the one in the photo.

Did this girl really just take a photo of me a couple minutes ago?

Frightened, I jumped up when I heard and saw my roommate coming in with a girl. Has he not been home this entire time?

He looked tipsy, and the girl he brought in looked more drunk than he was. When our eyes meet he looks as if he sobered up right then and there. But quickly drops it as he guides the girl back to his room. He comes out a minute later to close the door and check up on me.

"Hey Jeremy, you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost..."

"Yeah, man I'm fine. I just need to sleep. Who's the girl?" I asked, motioning to his open bedroom door.

"Ah yeah, picked her up at a bar? Ain't she a beaut?"

"You say it as if she's an object Corey."

"Hey, I'm not saying she is."

"Is she drunk?"

"A bit tipsy yeah..."

"Dude...don't do anything you might regret."