I tried

Okay so I used things that freak me out a lot, like darkness, being lost, someone following me, clowns, and liminal spaces so sorry if that doesn't scare you

~

Only the world around you was illuminated. It seemed to be some sort of abandoned mall, decrepit in state. There was absolutely no one around, leaving you alone with your fears. Each room was uncanny in its very existence, with staircases on walls leading to upside down rooms lit with sickeningly bright colored lights. It was as if this was a twisted fun house made only to torture the person trapped inside. 

Your footsteps were the only sounds there. The silence constantly pressing in was probably the scariest thing about this, well, whatever this place was. You started seeing splatters of blood on the floors and walls, though it was nearly impossible to distinguish what was floor, wall or ceiling. Papers were scattered about detailing the disappearance of about 20 people. You picked up your walking pace at this point, desperate to get out of this place. 

You didn't know how long you had been here for, had it been mere hours, days, months, years? The next room was lit a sickly pink, with more papers on the floor. You stood there for a minute, trying to figure out which staircase, as there were two in the room, would lead you to the exit. Heavy footsteps rang through the silence, far behind you. No time to think, get away from whatever was following you. You took the first staircase, leading to a kids play area. The footsteps got ever closer, as if they were following your every move. 

There was a slide, you had no real other choice then to go down it and see where you got. It seemed to close in on you as you rode down it, making it almost as if you would be stuck in here forever. Right at the last second, the slide ended and you were in a pentagon-shaped room with a portrait on each wall. You looked back and where the slide should be and saw nothing. This room was completely sealed, with only a few candles to illuminate it. The room seemed to stretch the longer you were in it, the walls creaking as the room stretched. 

The candles went out with a whisper saying something you couldn't discern. Was this where it ended? Was this how you would die?

~

"And today marks the one year anniversary of the day twenty-one people tragically went missing without a trace. We will be reading their names out of respect. Olivia, Ava, Amelia, Chloe, Madison, Sammy, Violet, Toby, Emily, Milo, Deavon, Bella, Ethan, Alex, Jayden, Lucas, Owen, Scarlett, Levi, Carter, and lastly, Y/n." The reporter on TV said, setting down the paper where the names of everyone who had gone missing were written and moving on to another topic.