Why I keep taking my stories down

My mom was a writer, she even got some of her books published. Ever since I was about eight or nine, I wanted to be a writer just like her. Since about 6th grade I've been writing short stories in my notebooks. Of course my stories from when I was 10 are nothing compared to my stories now, but I've been writing for so long that it just became a part of me. But now, I'm not confident in my writing skills. There's so many others who are leagues better than me, and I'm determined to get to their level. Of course there's nothing wrong with appreciating where you're at in skill level, but I've kind of hit a dead-end in terms of improvement. 

I'm going to be making a book where I practice conveying different things through writing, like emotions and certain types of scenes. I want to improve my skill as much as I can, since writing is something I'm legitimately passionate about. I don't know if I'll be writing x reader fanfictions anymore, but I'm definitely going to keep making reader insert fanfics. To be determined. 

I'm only taking my stories down for a short while so I can improve their plot lines and general writing skill. Not all my stories are going down, just the most recent ones that have already been taken down. Most of my fanfics are going to be rewritten to reflect my current writing style once I can improve enough to warrant it. Me taking down my recent stories doesn't negatively affect my mental health, so don't think it's because of some depressing and upsetting reason. I truly just want to improve my skills. 

Sometimes I listen to a song and just think 'this would make a good fanfic', so I make a fanfic out of it. Or I'll think of just a small moment in time, maybe a fight scene or a conversation, and begin to build a story around that small moment. For now, I'll be starting my writing practice book, and I encourage everyone reading this to comment constructive criticism on that book when I publish the first chapter. 

Wanna know something? Romance isn't my best writing topic, I'm much better at horror, not gore horror, but the kind of horror that haunts you and gets under your skin for reasons you can't even explain. I'm not sure why I'm naturally better at horror even though I've been writing 'romance' (if you could even call it that) for over a year. I just sat down to write something scary and I was really happy with the final result, despite never writing horror before. 

As of publishing this, the first chapter of my practice book is out.