Short story for a shipping war

Note: this is for a shipping war and intended for my cousin, if you're reading this Alex, prepare yourself.

***

"Alex you don't understand, I'm glitching! I won't be here for much longer!" Frisk exclaimed, shedding a tear as he showed his glitched hand. So it was true, he was dying. Alex stood there in silence, trying to comprehend that her best friend and boyfriend was dying. He wouldn't be back.

"If you won't be back...then let me say...I love you..." Alex said softly. Frisk took her hand and hugged her tightly before walking off. That would turn out to be the last time she would see him. Alex fell to her knees, staring at the her hands. The sun shone through an open window, beams of light streaming into the room with a cold breeze. 

So this was it, Alex would never see Frisk again. She sighed as she looked out on the sunset, sitting on the roof of the house she lived in. The way the sun illuminated the sky, turning it from an inky dark to a beautiful array of pinks and reds reminded her of him. The sun would shine in a different way from that moment, not a reminder of a new day, but something that illuminated the dark. The past would always be there, no such thing as a new day, a new beginning. All she had left was her sibling, and even then they were closed off from everyone after their boyfriend died to the Bête Noire. 

The way the sun lit up the dark sky, like how Frisk always cheered up Alex whenever she felt down. Everything seemed to remind her of him, the red hue of the sky in the sunset, the bitter cold breeze, the leaves falling from the nearby trees. That was too much, she finally broke down crying. 

"I miss you, Frisk..." She whispered. Who is Frisk?