christmas 2020

chaos walked down the hall, stopping in front of a familiar door, he had a bag slung across his body with a present in it, but there was another present in his hands. it was box shaped and wrapped in cartoon animal wrapping paper. chaos brought his hand up to knock on the door, but before he could someone swung the door open and hugged him tightly, it was mark lee. "I'm going to kill you." chaos muttered as mark let go of him. "you love me, you would never." mark smiled handing chaos a present.

chaos handed mark his own present and they both opened it at the same time. chaos' gift to mark was a lion plushie because it reminded chaos of mark. mark's gift to chaos was a children's book about how to deal with your emotions which made chaos laugh.

it was an ongoing joke in their friend group that chaos needed to take a class on emotions because he was so blunt and cold, but also so stern and hated showing his emotions to people he didn't really know.

mark let chaos into the house, and led him to his bedroom, passing by the living room on the way. jungwoo was sitting on the couch and made eye contact with chaos who was being dragged through the house. chaos managed to throw jungwoo the present in his bag without mark noticing. jungwoo smiled at him until the door to mark's bedroom closed.

jungwoo turned around on the couch and looked at the present in his lap. "is that from your boyfriend?" jaehyun asked, having watched the scene from a distance. "he's not my boyfriend jae."

"so you guys have been talking for over a month and going on dates for about 3 weeks now, and you're still not dating?" jaehyun was skeptical? if it was him he would've jumped right to it.

"i guess i never thought of it like that, i didn't realize it had been a month already." jungwoo lightly laughed.

"i don't know woo, seems off to me."

"you just think that because you don't like chaos, he's a really sweet guy." jungwoo said with a soft smile. "if you say so."

jungwoo rolled his eyes and turned his focus back to the present. he undid the rib ion on the small box and opened it up. there was a folded piece of paper on top of some tissue paper. he opened the paper, chaos' beautiful handwriting perfectly on the lines. the letter read;

"am i supposed to start this off with dear? i'm not sure.

dear jungwoo,
that sounds really cheesy now that i read that back but i don't feel like writing another letter so it'll have to do.
i've know you for a little over a month now, and it has been wonderful. every time i text you or i sneak out of my dorm to see you i get this feeling in my stomach that can only be described as a zoo of butterflies. i've never felt this way with anyone before, well at least the way you make me feel. you make me want to smile like crazy and kiss everywhere on your face.
everything about you makes me smile. i like how you stand on your toes to make yourself taller than me, i like that you are always happy and smiling, i like that even though the majority of your members don't like me you still want to hang out with me. in general, i like that you hang out with me.
i know it's christmas and unfortunately we are not with our families, but i'm hoping we can go out somewhere, maybe a nice christmas dinner or we can go see the tree downtown. even if we don't get to be together on christmas day, seeing your face will be more than a gift for me.
damn that was really sappy, but it's true, don't expect me to say it though. you'll only get cheesy romantic things through writing and maybe a word or two.
i hope i made your christmas just a tiny bit better and i hope you can enjoy the rest of your day.
L̶o̶v̶e̶ Sincerly,
Chaos

jungwoo cooed at the romantic words on the paper. "i told you he was sweet." jungwoo narrowed his eyes at jaehyun, who defensively put his hands up even though he never saw the letter.

jungwoo moved the tissue paper to reveal the gift. the gift being a necklace with a key on it, he was a little confused until jaehyun made a comment. "what a sappy bitch, is that supposed to be the key to his heart." he laughed, unable to stop.

jungwoo hit jaehyun, "no you asshole we got each other matching gifts, he has a lock necklace i'm going to give him."

jaehyun however still found the romantic stuff gross and funny and pretended to gag before walking away to his room. jungwoo put the necklace on and played with the key on the chain. he sat back and smiled to himself, loving the note and everything about the boy he had been crushing on.

-

hey everyone, have a happy christmas!

i'll make a part two later or tomorrow 🦮