Chapter 8: Please no knives throwing

Eliwa's POV

Without words, I brought the food to the agent, who was still tied to the chair and hadn't spoken these two whole days after he tried to attack Sean, he did not eat much either, but enough to at least survive, probably he was still assuming we put poison in his food, but anyone with a sane mind would think so.

And yet every time a question arose inside me when I looked at the agent, how was a well-skilled agent be able to caught so easily by Sean, of course, Sean was well trained, and unlike any other assassin I had ever met, but still, from my view they were both strong, well-build, and experienced, it couldn't be that Sean had so easily been able to capture him all alone without leaving a trace . . . Right?

I shook the thought away and started to cut the ropes binding the agent's wrist together, I hoped he would at least be smart enough to not attack me because even though I might seem weak, I was far from that, and if asked I would not worry showing him something, that was after all that Lily taught me as a lady, when a man underestimate you, use it against them.

Sighing I pulled myself away from the agent towards the dark corner, inspecting him while he stares at his food without words before I remembered the accident of two days ago, Sean refused to tell us why he had tried to attack him, not that I cared much, but overall Sean would not hurt anyone who's background was as clean as the agents.

And of course, I hadn't left out the possibility that there was that tiny percentage which represented that Sean hadn't read about the agent's history, but it seemed small; the chance, after all, it was what we as assassins did first, searching their story to know if they were our target.

"Sean is not as bad as he came over, I can promise that," he still hadn't touched the food, and kept quiet while I continued, "he might seem a bit on the harsh side sometimes, but everyone wears a facade, of course, you can also shrug of my words because I am an assassin, but I think, both you and I know that you can easily see through someone when they lie," he slowly moved his hand towards the bread, holding it, but not eating of it.

"I can choose to believe you, but I can also choose to not do so, so why would I believe a single word you just said?" I snickered, smart agent.

"Maybe because your life depends on us?"

"Is that a thread?" he took a small bite of the bread, his back still turned to me while I inspected the hole in the wall where the knife had hit, I believed that Sean wasn't planning to hurt him, only to scare him because Sean's speciality were daggers, he never missed no matter the distance, he somehow wanted this agent to be far away from him, but why?

I shook my thoughts away, smiling lightly before answering the agent, "it's not a thread, rather a suggestion," he snickered at my answer, slowly taking a sip of the water that was just oiled, so thus too hot for him to drink, yet he drank it.

Somewhere I had assumed the agent to bomb me with a question like all the previous one, but like I also had expected he was different, and he didn't ask a word instead he kept deadly quiet, he wasn't a talkative type, sadly for him, I wasn't one too.

"Do you know him well?" He turned his head slightly towards me while I stared out of the window, it was a quiet rainy afternoon with no one outside, even the birds were hidden away, only the trees were visible.

"Maybe I do, and maybe I don't, sometimes we think we know someone well, but everyone keeps secrets," I tucket at the side of my hoodie while holding back an upcoming yawn, I had been sleeping worse and haunted by nightmares since Lily was gone, I missed her even though she was not always lady-like she was a good friend and an even better non-blood-related sister.

"Then, are you happy with the place you're standing right now?" The very same question Lily had asked me the day she was captured, and I remember her face clearly, the glitter inside her eyes telling me that she could wipe away my deeds and let me live my life to the fullest, and I didn't remember when it started, but I had seen her as a part of my family.

In the past when Lily gave me the chance to live with them I promised myself to stay a few days, and those few days turned into weeks, the weeks turned into months, and now the months had turned into years, and I knew I was happy with the way it was, event hough my life was dangerous, I preferably saw it as adventurous, like Lily used to say.

At the time, I had answered Lily with a simple shrug, but only now did I knew the real answer, "yes, I am happy with who I am and where I stand, I would not wish it to be different."

He nodded, not asking any question, and even before I could come up with another thing to keep him talking Sean entered the room, and the atmosphere went cold, making a cold shiver run down my spine, the looks they shared looked killable, and I slowly withdraw, walking out of the room leaven them be, as long as I wouldn't be there when they would throw knives again.

"You left them two alone, in one room?" Qihe raised an eyebrow while taking a sip of his ice coffee, watching me while I rolled my eyes as a response.

"Of course, I don't want a knife towards my knife, their eyes were already killing each other," Qihe laughed at my statement while shaking his head, and I remembered the talk we had a few days ago, but immediately shook it away, I could only hope that, that what I found was indeed just a joke like Qihe said, it wasn't possible that Lily . . . ?

I once again shook the thought away while I sat down on the couch, taking the book I was reading, trying to distract myself, yet the question kept appearing inside my mind, even though Qihe had assured me it was definitely nothing to worry about, the unexplainable feeling of something kept following me, I've always known Lily held things back, but could it really be because of this one twist?

"Don't frown or you'll be ugly," Qihe pinched my arm with a small smile while I turned away from him, shaking the weird feeling that ran down my spine away.

It would be okay, Lily would make sure of it like she always did . . .

Right . . . ?

Word count: 1192 words