Chpater 12: Kill me if you want . . .

Xiao Zhan's POV

I wasn't sleeping, which idiot would when you know there is an agent in your room with a knife under your pillow, thinking you didn't know about it, I felt it immediately when I came into the room.

It's like a sixth sense we assassins all have, Lily a bit more than the average person, but we all have that sixth sense, we never sleep until we're sure everything is safe.

And here I was, holding the hand of a mad lion who held a knife that he had directed to my heart, his eyes were brown with golden speckles of fire dancing inside them in the dark light, he looked dazzling besides the fact he tried to kill me at the moment.

He indeed hadn't changed at all, my bo di, but he knew I was his ge ge, f course he knew, but Yibo didn't want to understand it, and that why he believed my lie, after all, humans only listen to the things they wanna hear, and I sighed deeply.

Slowly I twisted his hand, carefully though, and the knife fell on the ground with a soft thud while his eyes were still locked in mine, and it was as if the world around us had frozen down, and the sweet breezes of the winter night came through the ajar of the window, touching us.

"What were you trying to do little lion cub?" His eyes were glaring deadly at me while I gave him a sly smile before tuning his body, sp he fell on my lap with his eyes still on me.

"You killed him, all you deserve is to die," his voice was sharp, and I smiled sadly, and went close towards his ear, biting on it softly before letting my breath tickle there.

And I whispered softly, but enough for him to hear, "what if I am truly him?" A punch, almost did he punched me if it wasn't for my swift movements, he was so different from the little boy I used to know, but maybe time made us all change.

He was about to attack me again when the door opened, and a head popped u Qihe with his dyed blond hair appeared, his hair wary like the one of a lion, and I couldn't withhold a small girn, that made them both glare at me.

"It's damn three AM in the morning, and you two are fighting, can't you let me sleep peacefully?" Yibo glared at me, but then turned to Qihe, his eyes becoming softer? Or was I imagining things because it was three AM in the morning?

Qihe ruffled a hand through his messy hair before shooting me a last glance and disappearing again.

"Still wanna kill me?" I picked up the knife from the ground letting the cold blade touch my as cold hand, and I looked up at him before throwing the knife to him, and it went right towards him.

He moved away the last moment as if he hadn't realized what was happening and the kife only touched a small part of his ear that was now bleeding, but he didn't seem to care at all.

"In the past when you had a small cut you would act as if the world was going to die because of it, you changed," without looking I knew he had widened his eyes, and I turned around picking up the pillow that had fallen down.

"But if you still wanna kill me, here I am," I spread my arms openly while giving him a challenging look, but he turned away, walking towards the bed before lying down, his back towards me, his ear still bleeding lightly.

I stood up, walked towards the kitchen, leaving him behind, but when I entered the kitchen, I almost got a heart attack because there leaned against the refrigerator was Eliwa, wearing a white nightgown, making her skin look even ghostlier than it already was in the moonlight.

She threw me the bandage before she spoke up, "I understand you don't wanna hurt him, but you took him into this mess, and there won't be a way out anymore, clean you own mess, understood?" I groaned at her words.

"If you're trying to take over Lily's role you failed," she smiled softly, almost like a ghost.

"I'm not trying to be anything like Lily, she is her, and I am I, I just wanna remind you to not hurt him, he might be our rival, but he is not the villain in the story," I nodded playing with the bandage before nodding slowly.

"Qihe has made contact with someone to watch Lily, but even then you should take a good care of that agent there, he is not that bad at all, and I think both you and I know that there is something else playing between you two, isn't it?"

"Maybe there is, maybe there isn't," I shrugged while walking away from the kitchen, Eliwa's eyes burning in my back.

When I walked back into the room I heard a soft snore filling the room, and I walked over to the bed where Yibo was sleeping, he looked like a fallen angel, like he always did.

My hand slowly carried his soft hair when I started to place the compress on his bleeding ear, and when I was done, I gave a light butterfly kiss on the bandage, murmuring close to his ear a soft sorry.

I took the knife from the ground placing it on the nightstand while I walked back to my chair, picking up my pillow to sleep, even though I knew he was awake, I didn't care.

It all didn't matter anymore, everything was a mess, just like my life.

I wanted to sleep, really badly, but the sleep didn't come, and I ended up watching him, Yibo, my childhood love sleeping instead, and just before the sun arose I fell asleep taken by a memory.

"Ge ge, will you marry me when I am older?" I smiled down at Yibo, pinching his nose before answering softly, "only if you get taller than me," Yibo pouted.

"But that's unfair," I shook my head with a light laugh before hugging Yibo, holding him into a safe embrace.

"I love you ge ge!"

"Mn," I didn't answer his confession, but deep inside my heart I answered, I love you too Yibo . . .

Word count: 1089 words

***

I know the chapter sucks, sorry.