Chapter 11: Long time not seen . . .

Song Jiyang's POV

They had been calling me, and I knew it, of course, I did, but I just didn't care, and neither felt like picking up the phone, I remembered how Haoxuan sometimes used to call me a lazy sheep, but they could have also texted me, after all, everyone who knew me also knew I reacted way faster on text because I hate phone calls, and yet they both called me.

Countless times, I forgot the count of how many times they have called, and I had ignored them, and I unlocked my lock screen, still the same lock screen as months ago, with Haoxuan and me on the background, kissing, when we used to be together when he did not know anything about what I did or my past.

I glanced down at my message box that got overflooded with red notification bells, I hadn't opened it a week since the last time, so it must be important or they were really bored, and it probably was the last thing.

Yet I didn't felt any exciting to open them because of knowing they were asking for help, again, why would they otherwise even look back at me, I was nothing more than a tool to them and even thought that I hadn't deleted the photo with Haoxuan and me, I couldn't, at least, not yet.

I lazily sat down on my couch while opening my messages, and the first thing that caught my eyes and made me alert was that it came from two numbers, one of Qihe and the other one was the number I had deleted but didn't have the power to block, and now he messaged me back; Haoxuan . . .

Without listening to the sane part of me I opened the messages of Haoxuan hastily, before sinking back into my couch, he only asked me for help, again, like Hoaxuan always did when he needed me, I broke up with him because Haoxuan had no idea who I really was.

Hoaxuan loved his work more than me, even on my birthday Haoxuan even bought cakes I didn't even like and present I had no use in, and later he became mad at me for holding back secrets.

What was karma ironic, and maybe some people were never intended to happen, after all, I was way too old to still believe in a happily ever after because sometimes some people aren't meant for the happily ever after, and sadly I was one of them.

Slowly my finger moved towards the icon of blocking him before I ticked away and opened the messages of Qihe, wanting to know what he wanted of me, I read and read.

All the messages, everything fell into each other like a puzzle piece, and finally, I could get revenge too, so without wasting any more time I called Qihe, and he picked up the same second.

"How did you find out about the information?" Qihe chuckled from the other line while I could feel him smile, I had spent so much time, I knew what he was doing without even looking.

"Always straight to the point, aren't you Jiyang? I tracked their camera and searched for any information, I think your ex has already asked you?" This time it was my turn to chuckle lightly before answering, "he has indeed asked me, so you want me to be a spy of you all?"

"Not a spy Jiyang, see it as someone who passes us information, after all, I think you wanna have your revenge for what happened too, right?" I took a deep breath, trying to repress the memories of the past that tried to come up again.

"Count me in, but how did they get her?"

"I think it was her own idea, she hasn't told any of us anything, not even Sean, and you know how she is," I slowly nodded before realizing he couldn't see me, so I hummed in response.

"But will you be helping us, Jiyang?"

"Of course, I'll get ready now and see what I can do, but you also-"

"Need to hack the cameras so they can't follow the talk between you two, of course, I know Jiyang, I am not stupid, we are trained to be the best of the best, alright?" I huffed while disconnecting the line, and getting up, getting ready for what's coming up.

***

"Jiyang," I nodded at Zhoucheng while keeping my face straight, and slowly my eyes moved to Haoxuan, he hadn't changed at all, and my heart ached to be in his arms again, I wanted to cry, but I kept up the mask.

"We asked you here beca-"

"Because you wanted to let me talk to an assassin like you said in the texts, you know, if I get killed by her you'll be the first one I'll haunt down as ghost," Haoxuan chuckled lightly, like always to lighten the atmosphere, but I kept my face blank while Zhoucheng narrowed his eyes slightly, before speaking up.

"How did you know it was her if it's right Hoauxna hadn't mentioned it was a she," my breath slightly hitched before I grabbed back my posture, reminding myself I couldn't let everything fall, not this time.

"I mean, to me, it sounds quite obvious if it was a man you'd have broken him by now and wouldn't need my help, a girl is another story, am I right?" Zhoucheng raised an eyebrow, but before he even could open his mouth, Haoxuan smiled with a nod.

"Last door to the left." I nodded to Haoxuan while starting to walk, walking through the quiet condor with only my breath accompanying me.

I should be afraid, but I wasn't, not even near it, the feeling writhing through my veins was the excitement I realized.

Opening the door I saw the back of a girl turned to me, marrow brown hair falling over her shoulder like a river, while she didn't turn around while I stepped inside the quiet room with no sunlight, and until I closed the door behind me the girl spoke up.

"Long time not seen, Jiyang," and I smiled at her before sitting in front of her, responding, "likewise, Lily."

Word count: 1048 words