Chapter 19: Stop pinching my nose

Xiao Zhan's POV

I stared without thoughts at the snow-white path, which shined like crystals in the dark moonlight that emitted a soft glow onto the house, a shiver went down my spine.

And I made myself comfortable on the stone I was sitting on, watching the stars in the sky, it was a beautiful clear night while having thousands of stars shining high above there as if they were watching me, assure me I was at least safe for tonight, safeness was a feeling I never felt wherever I went.

When I was a child, I used to believed that my parents would have gotten back, that they just lost the way to come back to me, that they did still love me, I kept lying to myself telling myself they will find their way home someday, every day I had sitten on that bench waiting, waiting for the impossible to happen.

They died in my arms, and I ran away, yet I was seeking for that what was gone, the warmth of a loving parent, the arms holding me and a soft kiss placed on my cheek to assure me.

But what was I naive, the truth that I learned is that in the end sometimes not everything will end like a fairytale, sometimes we are destined to wait and roam around on this lonely world, waiting till our moment comes.

And truth to be told I had been lying to myself more than once, I had lied to myself in my short span of life, living in a dream that ended as a nightmare, I kept telling myself over and over again that someday outside there in that big lonely world someone would be waiting, for me, but the sad truth tuned out differently because no one cares about someone they don't know, humans are selfish.

The only regret that I have was that I didn't live my life to the fullest, and I died that night full of grief of dreams I never achieved, the next day a new person was reborn; Sean, a ruthless assassin who existed only to get his revenge.

I locked my hand with Yibo's while I got intoxicated with his soft smell of spring, his stable breathe, and his warm body against mine, I knew this was all I had been waiting for.

A reason to continue life after this mission would end, "ge ge, will you prefer me to call you Sean or Zhan?" I looked down at Yibo, he had changed, his features became sharper, but his eyes were as clear as they used to be.

"The old Zhan died the night all of our parents got assassinated, but after this massacre will end, Sean will disappear too, so who will I be, my Yibo?"

He pinched my nose while smiling softly, "you will be the person you used to remain as in my heart, you're my ge, my Zhan ge I fought for, whom I didn't set a candle because I knew you were alive," Yibo said, snuggling against me while I couldn't help but adore the moment.

Then I realized I loved him, more than anything else, he was my life, my reason to live, my-

"Ge ge, what are you thinking?" Yibo held his head slightly oblique while pouting at me, his question reminding me of the old game we used to play.

"A though for a thought," I answered, making Yibo laugh before he nodded with a determined look.

"I was thinking about how beautiful the nigh-" Yibo hit my arm while I looked down at him, he was pouting before speaking up, "you're not romantic at all!"

I smiled, "you didn't give me the chance to continue because I wanted to say, I was thinking about how beautiful the night makes you tonight~" Yibo rolled his eyes, pinching my nose again, "so you basically are saying I am only beautiful tonight?"

He turned his head away from me, while I turned his head back, pecking his lips, "tonight you're beautiful, yesterday you were stunning, today you will be handsome, tomorrow you will be cute, that day after tomorrow-" My words got silenced form a pair of lips touching mine, and when Yibo retracted he giggled softly like the little kid he used to be.

"Now tell me what's going behind that beautiful face of yours," I said,m making a blush creep up to Yibo's cheeks that he tried to hide by pulling his face into my neck and murmuring, "I was thinking about how much I wanted to kiss you."

I laughed, "naughty." He once again pinched my nose, this time, making me pout while he hit my chest playfully, and for the first time in years I felt alive, not running on revenge, but on love, and it was a good feeling to experience I think.

"Baby, stop pinching my nose, it hurts," I said, rubbing my nose softly while pouting, making Yibo hit my chest again.

"The pain you caused me was worse." A soft silence dawned upon us while I held Yibo tenderly in my arms, caging him into protection, after all, who knew when the next time would be that I could keep him like this?

"what is it that you're all actually planning to do with my parents?" It was like a sword that pierced through my chest, his parents used to be my parents at one time too, or at least, so did I assume, until I found out about the reality, and maybe, the world was filled with two-faced people.

"Xuan Lu is obtaining the information we need, and we will leak it out in a way they won't like." Yibo raised an eyebrow while I slowly caressed his face.

"You don't know yet, but your parents are going to force you into a marriage, which is going to happen in just a few weeks if Qihe obtained that information right, we found then the best opportunity to let them lose face and show who they really are behind that facade." Yibo snuggled his nose against my chest, nodding slowly, as if he expected everything I said, making me worry.

"Eliwa already told me a bit." I smiled, not surprised by that fact, she learned quite much from Lily and became a peacemaker like her.

"Then, do you mind it?"

"No, not really, as long as I can be with you ge ge, I lost you once, I don't want to lose you twice, but Lily and Xuan Lu used to have some kind of past right?" I laughed at the remembrance of what Yibo meant.

"Yes they do, it's something only Qihe, Eliwa and I know, they're like partners in crime who quarrel like twins, if one who does not know them would see them, they would assume they hated each other," I said, ruffling Yibo's hair playfully.

"How is this going to end, ge ge?" I closed my eyes, placing my chin on Yibo's head while letting a deep sigh leave my mouth.

"Perhaps good, maybe not, but who knows what the future holds for us, whatever will happen, you and I won't separate, ever again." Yibo moved and took my hand in his and leaned forwards, and I pulled him into a long kiss.

Forgetting our worries, problems, and our lives . . .

All that matter was the here and now . . .

Zhan and Yibo.

Yibo and Zhan.

I and you.

You and I.

We . . .

Word count: 1338 words

***

A new chapter, lemme know your thoughts, next chapter will be either Lily's or Qihe's POV, not sure yet, any suggestions? Since I know Lily might be more interesting, but I also wanna tell more about the past of Qihe and the rest as assassins, so lemme just know your thoughts, okay?

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed if so, don't forget to comment and vote!

Have a nice day/night, stay safe and take care!