Chapter 22: What really happened that night . . .

Wang Zhoucheng's POV

I've always known that there was something fishy when it came to the Wang family, perhaps it was the way they talked or how they acted, but their aura felt . . . Uncomfortable.

It wasn't something I could just pinpoint; it was just a gut feeling, and here I was right now, hacking the system of the most famous family of China, the Wang family.

Even though they're no ordinary family, it was more or less like a suicidal mission; if they would find out.-

"They won't find out you're the one doing this, don't frown so much." I looked up glaring, at Lily, who acted as if she just read my thoughts, not that it would surprise me if she could; she was kinda scary in her own way.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath while remembering how I even ended up here in the first place.

"We need your help." Lily stared at me, her eyes dark, as a luring hunter waiting for their prey.

"Why is she even sitting here free?" I turned my head to Jiyang and Xuan Lu; one shrugged, and the other one smiled at me.

"Zhoucheng ge, please just listen, Lily might be . . . harmful . . . But she has her own intentions." I sipped my coffee, letting my eyes wander between Xuan Lu and Lily.

"I have no time to be a reckless person, you can say and think whatever you want about me, but I always have my own reasons for doing the things I do," Lily said, flipping her hair to her back while she held my gaze, strongly.

I sighed, "you know, don't even tell me why I am going to do what I am going to do for you, tell me what I need to do, and I will." Lily smiled, stretching her hand out to me.

For once, without hesitation, I took it, her hand was ice-cold but soft, and her gaze was firm just like the handshake; I knew they would eventually tell me why so I did not worry about it; I trusted Xuan Lu.

When I opened my eyes, I quickly continued to do my work and copied and pasted the photos while Lily was spacing around in the back holding her phone.

*Ring ring*

Suddenly a ring disturbed my work, and I turned around to face Lily, "didn't I block your number." I stifled back a laugh just as Xuan Lu and Jiyang listened to Lily's conversation.

"Depends if you're the reason the kid is crying . . ." Jiyang hid his laugh behind his hand while Xuan Lu winked at me, and I turned around back to my work, not even wanting to know what was happening.

"I never felt safe around Yibo's family, they felt toxic and wrong in some way that I couldn't point out, and it doesn't surprise me they forced Yibo to marry, but not even telling him . . ." Jiyang muttered while I nodded my head, quickly finishing my task before turning around to them.

"They have this atmosphere making you uncomfortable around them, and Yibo doesn't deserve this, so that's my only reason to help you all," I said, and Lily looked at me, her head slightly oblique with a mysterious smile playing around her lips.

"Is everything settled?" Xuan Lu came in between, looking at me.

"If it's right, Haoxuan has got some cops together and is waiting for everything to start." Lily smiled darkly, a smile that made me shiver in fear, lucky that I was on her side.

"Let them taste their own poison, isn't it? If they weren't so greedy for money, this all wouldn't have ended like this." Lily sighed while sitting down on the grass, ruffling through her hair.

Follow the light《Zhanyi version》On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara