Chapter 25: Right people, wrong timing . . .

Wang Haoxuan's POV

I stared at the wallpaper of my lock screen, emptiness settling inside me; it was an old photo of Jiyand and me, him hugging me from behind with a cheeky grin plastered on his face, his eyes beaming with happiness.

Perhaps we both kept our secrets which held us apart too much, and maybe we could give it a try again?

I sighed, ruffling a hand through my hair while taking my glasses off, placing them in front of me on the table when the door opened; I expected Xuan Lu or Zhoucheng when I saw the deep green emerald eyes piercing through me.

"Lily . . ." She gave me a small smile, closing the door behind her before it took place opposite of me, in her hands a cup of coffee from which she took a small sip.

"You know you need to talk to him, you can continue to avoid him, but your life is still long, and so are you young, I know he isn't over you yet, and neither are you. I have seen thousands of right people being in love but not daring to be together and seen thousands of fake couples together; if you continue to hesitate, your life will get filled with what if's instead of oops if that is what you want, I don't mind it." Lily's eyes were sharp, and it was as if they pierced right through my soul.

She took one more sip before continuing, "sometimes the wrong people meet at the right time while sometimes the right people meet at the wrong time, so what will be your choice?" I stared at her, she looked gentle at first, and I remembered how she held Fanxing dearly while tickling him after that wedding failed.

She was a nightmare dressed like a daydream, and you could taste both depending on how you approached her; those who will not be careful around her will burn themselves heavenly.

"So how are they now?" I tried to distract myself, and Lily knew it, but I saw how her eyes softened at the mention of Zhan, Yibo and the rest.

"Zhan and Yibo decided to adopt Fanxing, and Qihe and Eliwa took the initiative to find a place in a small town where no one knows about us, and Yibo and Zhan both agreed to stay together after this journey, Xuan Lu wants to keep contact up with us, and Jiyang hasn't made his decision yet." I nodded; most of the things she just told were what I already know from Xuan Lu and Zhoucheng; both wanted to move to a quieter place where no one knows about this news, though it was almost an impossible task.

Everyone knew how the Wang family killed the royalties, though nothing was revealed about the children who survived, a thing only a small circle of people know, including me, and we would take that until our grave; the secret.

"Jiyang isn't as breakable as you think, he can fight for himself, he doesn't need a prince on the white horse, he is waiting for his dragon to come and rescue him, after all, you can't sell dreams to someone who walked through a nightmare." I placed my chin on my folded hands, Lily taking one more sip of her coffee, wrapping her hands around the cup.

"So what are you going to do? Hang in the past and hurt both of you, or do you wanna start over again?"

All I wanted was to hold Jiyang against my body, dearly, never let him escape ever again, keeping him locked as he locked me inside his heart; maybe we were destined but met at the wrong timing, as Lily said.

Suddenly Lily stood up; she smiled softly at me, holding up her phone, "I gotta go; I promised Zhan to watch fanxing tonight while he needs his time with Yibo~" She grinned before leaving, shutting the door softly behind her.

I groaned, tired, taking my glasses, and when I was about to place them on the tip of my nose again, the door opened without looking; I spoke up, "did you forgot something, Lily?"

When I finally did look up, my eyes collided with a couple of light chocolate brown ones, a pair I knew better than whatever else; it was the ones I fell so deeply for that once brimmed with happiness but now were empty.

"Jiyang." He smiled at me, and I remembered Lily's words; today, I felt risky, and maybe it was better to fill my life with, "did I really do that," than with, "what if's . . ."

"Haoxuan, what are . . . We?" I pushed the glasses on my nose while standing up, walking towards Jiyang, him watching every one of my movements observantly.

"Can you give me one more chance?" He looked at me, his head slightly oblique, Jiyang had a feminine beauty over himself, something unexplainable as if he was a fairy from a tale, but he was only not waiting for his prince on the white horse.

"Should we start over again? After all, we can't change the start anymore, but we can manipulate the end, don't let this be the epilogue of our story; I love you more than I did in the past few years because I realized you're the only way I know to breathe.

Jiyang's eyes darkened, but he continued to keep quiet, his eyes staring into mine, and I knew I loved him; more than anything else, but how could I explain it?

But then, out of nothing, Jiyang stretched out a hand, his eyes glimmer with a new shine that looked like hope; he smiled cheekily, as he did when I first met him before he slowly spoke up, "I am Song Jiyang, but you can just call me with Jiyang or whatever floats on your path." I smiled as cheekily back as he did, taking his hand into mine.

"I am Wang Haoxuan, but just call me Haoxuan, or whatever floats on your path; I sincerely hope we can be more than just casual friends."

Jiyang raised a cute eyebrow, "are best friends better?" He winked at me, and I hit his shoulder playfully, pulling him closer to my body, feeling his warmth spreading with mine before I connected our lips . . .

Word count: 1183 words

***

Ugh, I am once again having a headache and wasn't planning to update, but here we are, after this chapter will be one more chapter before the epilogue, I hope you guys enjoy it and can just accompany me a bit longer, idk if this chapter is good, but I am so tired and wanna sleep, so sorry if it sucks.

Btw, who's POV do you wanna read next?

Qihe or Eliwa

Zhoucheng or Xuan Lu

Yibo or Zhan

Haoxuan or Jiyang

Choose 4 POV from the categories I gave, thank you!!

If you enjoyed the chapter don't forget to comment and vote *yawns* I am going to sleep, so tired~