Chapter 2: The white Lotus

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Sean, you are an assassin by heart if you like it or not, how horrible it sounds we all are," Lily waved with her hand towards Qihe and Eliwa who didn't give us any attention and were busy with their own stuff like most of the time.

And she continued talking, "Sean, the moment we kill someone we become murderers, we don't kill because it is fun, but because we all have our reasons for doing so, let me remind you of one thing, Sean, life is cruel, but it does not mean we can't make it fair," she sighed while ruffling through her messy chestnut brown hair, and now I looked at her for once I did not saw her eternal beauty instead I saw the bag under her eyes and the tiredness inside her eyes.

And Qihe joined, "Sean, it's not like we do this as a 'free-time hobby,' but because some things of the past need to be finished and buried forever before it can truly rest," and with those few words he exited the room, not explaining himself further like always.

"Not everyone can be a hero actually no one is Sean, a hero can be a villain in someone else's story, no one is perfect nor flawless, we all have our own problems and sides of a story, but while we are assassins, we are also human, and we are your family Sean, we will never leave you, I know how horrible it is to end someone's life, but we are not killing-"

"Innocent humans, yes I know Lily," I let a deep sigh escape while starting to massage my temples, Lily and I had this talk done countless times, yet I sometimes wished why I ended their lives, what had they actually done?

Yes, I killed people without knowing why, but it was one of the favours I could return for Lily because she had saved me countless times, she did give me a small vague explanation of why they should disappear, but she never told me the whole truth, Lily was good with telling the half-truths, better than whoever else I had ever met.

"Lily, it's time to tell him the whole story, Sean has been trusting us long enough without understanding the real motives of killing those people, all we do is giving him names and some vague explanations that do not make any sense at all, nothing more, he needs to know the whole story," I turned to Eliwa, surprised by how much she had said, she was the quiet killer among us, she never spoke much, but her deed defined her.

"Qihe will kill us," Lily once again ruffled through her hair, sometimes she looked older than she actually was, and maybe it was all because Lily kept the pain inside, Qihe and even Eliwa had shared the pain with us, the only one who had not given away her past was Lily, and we never pressured her in doing so, after all, she was the one who brought us together.

"Sean, we will tell you why we need to end those people their lives, and then I hope you will finally understand why we kept it secret . . ."

My blood ran cold at the memory and felt the urge to stab someone down, so I once again tried to suppress those emotions, I tried to keep the beast inside me locked, but I was more human than those monsters were far from human, and soon enough I will take their last breath before they can blink twice with their eyes.

A deep sigh escaped my mouth while walking into the penthouse, opening the door to be welcomed by light and warmth that didn't reach my soul.

I glanced into the penthouse, Qihe and Eliwa both were doing their own stuff, so I swung my bag on the couch while rubbing my eyes, withholding an upcoming yawn, this was always the moment in which Lily would come to me and tell me to go take a rest, but she wasn't here anymore, she was captured, and I would do everything to get her back, everything.

"Took you long, Sean," I rolled my eyes at Qihe's reaction while letting the long yawn escape from my mouth, since the day Lily was captured I had been sleeping horrible, haunted by nightmares from a long time ago from which I thought had disappeared along with my buried past, but sometimes some things are not as beautiful as they look like, though now I could finally start my revenge plan.