Chapter 6 - Helping the rest

As y/n was walking around the base, he noticed a few things that stood out to him. For example, a giant golden anchor in some sort of courtyard. As he went in to the courtyard, he saw that it was surrounded by other building. Courious as to what these buildings were, he walked towards the one on his right. He came into some sort of main hall, with hallways going in every direction. On the left he saw a library, in the front there was some sort of reception desk and to the right was a long hallway with a sign that read: A1-A10. Y/n didn't know what this meant, so he went down said hallway to check it out. As he walked down the long corridor, he could see the courtyard on his right and about 10 doors on the left. 

y/n:  Are these classrooms?

As y/n looked through the windows next to one of the doors,  he recognised the familiar lay-out of a normal classroom, with about 30 tables all pointing towards a single chalkboard at the front of the room

???: Hello.

y/n: Wha!

???: I'm sorry, i didn't mean to scare you.

y/n: Oh it's fine, i just didn't hear you coming. Who are you? I haven't seen you walking around the base before.

Yorktown: My name is USS Yorktown, first ship of the Yorktown class aircraft carriers.

y/n: So you're Enterprises sister?

Yorktown: Correct, may i know who you are?

y/n: I am Y/n L/n, but my "ship" is the USS Arleigh Burke.

Yorktown: Aren't you and your ship the same being?

y/n: I'm still confused about that aswell. You see, i'm not really familiar with this place. This universe even.

Yorktown: What do you mean?

y/n: Well, i was just sitting at home, when all of the sudden my laptop started doing some crazy things. As i went to check it out, i suddenly got sucked in, blacked out and woke up in a hospital nearby.

Yorktown: I think i actually overheard some people talking about you. A random person falling out of the sky, and some weird looking destroyer in the port.

y/n: That would be me, yes.

Yorktown: Interesting, but can i help you with anything? It looked like you were searching for something.

y/n: I was just curious what this place was. Is it some sort of library?

Yorktown: Not exactly. It's a school for training the younger corvettes and torpedo boats, so that they can support destroyers and escort merchant vessels.

y/n: So these are actually classrooms, i thought they resembeled them.

Yorktown: Yes, and i am actually one of the teachers here.

y/n: Wait really? Why would they put a aircraft carrier here of all places. Wouldn't they need you in the war?

Yorktown: Sadly, i was severly damaged, which meant i'm not combat capable anymore. So they decided to give me another use and put me here as a teacher. Even though it's fun and i like it here, i do miss the old battles with my sisters.

y/n: I can understand that. i wish i could do something about it but as of now, i don't have anything in my power to change it.

Yorktown: Don't stress yourself just because i can't fight anymore. 

y/n: But still...

Yorktown: Don't worry about me, just try to keep my sister safe.

y/n: I will, i promise.