Chapter 7 - Duel

Shoukaku: How did you get behind me?

y/n: It's quite simple. I just made sure you were distracted by helping your sister, and stayed in your wake so that you couldn't spot my from the corner of your eye. Seeing the situation we're in, let's have a duel shall we?

Shoukaku: Fine! But prepare to deploy your lifeboats because you are about to sink!

y/n: We'll see who has to abandon ship first.

Shoukaku: It won't be me i can assure you that.

The carrier started launching more aircraft by playing on her flute at y/n, who immediately started firing his anti-aircraft weaponry. But because he only had to use this once before, he still was quite inexperienced with using his Phalanxes. This meant that a lot of aircraft still came close enough to fire their weaponry. One bomb hit its mark and landed on top of y/n superstructure, knocking out most of his targeting systems for his main cannon. Still trying to keep Shoukaku at bay, he kept firing at her even though it was completely of target.

y/n: What?

Shoukaku: Can't hit me, can you?

Finally realizing that his main cannon was out of commission, he tried using his other weaponry. Y/n launched one Tomahawk at her deck, hoping to set it on fire so that the carrier couldn't launch her aircraft.

Shoukaku: Oh no you don't!

Seeing the missile approaching her at high speeds, Shoukaku activated her own AA and started firing at the Tomahawk. After a while the missile began to fly straight, because it was at a closer range. This backfired however, because it was now easier to hit the weapon. After a few split seconds of intense AA, the missile was hit and destroyed. Because the Tomahawk didn't connect with Shoukaku's deck, it wasn't damaged in any way. This meant that the Sakura Empire carrier could still launch air attacks against y/n.

y/n: That didn't go as planned...

Shoukaku: Take this!

This time, Shoukaku launched multiple squadrons of different type's, for instance torpedo bomber's, dive bomber's and attackers, who were armed with the first type's of rockets. Because this attack was so much bigger, y/n had a hard time keeping them all away. Getting hit a few times by rocket's and bullet's, he had to do a lot of weaving and dodging to avoid getting hit by the heavier weapons.

Shoukaku: Just stay still for once!

Unfortunately, y/n didn't notice some torpedoes approaching him, and got hit on his rudder. This made it so that it was a lot more difficult to dodge and maneuver. Noticing that the situation was getting worse, y/n launched multiple Tomahawks and ordered them to approach Shoukaku in different directions. The carrier tried in vain to keep the missiles away, even ordering some aircraft to fly into the missiles. Even this wasn't enough as one missile hit one of her elevators and another her superstructure.

y/n: *pant* got enough yet? *pant*

Shoukaku: I could do this all day!

y/n: Well in that case.. Enterprise! I could use some help here!

Enterprise didn't answer however, as she also was still in combat with Zuikaku. Launching multiple bombers at the Sakura Empire carrier, so Zuikaku was forced to abandon her attack and focus on evading the bombs. Now getting distracted by the duel between Enterprise and Zuikaku, y/n didn't notice Shoukaku attacking him. Because of this, y/n got hit quite hard and lost one of his helicopters.

y/n: Anyone? I could really use some assistance right now!

Hornet: I gotcha!

y/n: Thanks! It was getting a bit hot in here.

Hornet launched bombers to support y/n, so that he could get back on his feet and go in the offensive instead of constantly trying to dodge.

y/n: I only got my missiles, but those will run out. I'm supposed to also have torpedoes right.

Trying to figure out how to use his torpedoes, Hornet's aircraft kept Shoukaku at bay for a moment.

Hornet: Y/n, you done? It's better to fight when you have the upper hand you know!

y/n: Yeah just give me one second!

Hornet: I don't know if i have one to spare!

y/n: Agh fine, i'll sort out the torpedoes later. Hornet heads up!

To support Hornet, y/n fired the last 3 of his missiles he currently had loaded. All of them hit their mark because Shoukaku was too focused on keeping Hornet's aircraft at bay, so she couldn't use her AA to shoot down the missiles.

Shoukaku: AAAAAAGH!

Now realizing that Zuikaku was severely damaged, y/n got distracted by the noises of Enterprise's and Zuikaku's duel.

Zuikaku: I must land at least one blow...

Enterprise: It's all over.

Enterprise was charging up her final blow, when suddenly multiple cracks started to appear along her bow and flight deck. It eventually got so bad, that her bow snapped in to right at the center.

Enterprise: What? Why do i reach my limit now?!

Zuikaku noticing the problems with Enterprise, started launching more planes. But once the left the flight deck and came above her katana, the went up in flames and lit up Zuikaku's blade. Going in for a attack on the now weakened carrier,  Zuikaku leapt in to the sky.

Zuikaku: HAAAAAAA!

Attempting to stop her by launching aircraft from her flight deck, Enterprise raised it before noticing that it too had cracks and malfunctioned.

Zuikaku: I've got you!

???: Pardon the interruption.

At the last moment before the impact, somebody y/n did not recognize,  blocked the attack. Dressed in some sort of maid clothing, she used her bracelets do stop Zuikaku for hitting Enterprise.

Zuikaku: Who... Who the heck are you?

Noticing that y/n was once again distracted, Shoukaku managed to sneakily get out of the confrontation.

???: Oh no-one really.Just a maid, passing by. 

The first duel of y/n! fun to write, but sometimes it was a bit difficult to balance it out. @bataviabouwer2016 said that y/n was starting to look a bit like a mary sue, which i understand and will try to fix in the later chapters, but i am still quite inexperienced in writing so it might take a while to completely smooth out all of the problems.

Until next time.