Chapter 3 - The first battle

y/n: Unicorn evade!

While he exclaimed this, one of the silo's opened up and fired a missile towards the giant fox.

Kaga: What?

The missile hit, and Kaga immediately looked for what she thought was a Siren going rouge. Instead she saw y/n face first on the ground with some sort of destroyer rigging. Forgetting her main directive of shooting down Unicorn, she approached y/n with a killing intent. Meanwhile, y/n was still confused as to what happened, and started getting back up. While doing so, he noticed the aircraft carrier coming closer.

y/n: oh, you're approaching me?

Kaga: I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer.

y/n: Oh ho! Then come as close as you like.

Y/n tried to act like he knew what he was doing, but in reality he was panicking and had no idea what to do next. As Kaga started launching aircraft at y/n, who tried to evade the attack, a glowing bald eagle suddenly soared through all of the aircraft. Managing to hit the fox, it turned into a dive bomber and flew away, back to its aircraft carrier.

As everyone turned towards the source of the bomber, and finding a single aircraft carrier a few miles away from the base. Y/n somehow immediately recognized it as CV-6 Enterprise, even though he still didn't have most of his memories.

Akagi: What?!

Cleveland: That ship...

Akagi: An Eagle Union aircraft carrier... Is that who i think it is?

Multiple aircraft started launching off the deck of the carrier, as the girl remained on the front of the vessel.

Cleveland: That's her! That's Eagle Union's strongest aircraft carrier...!

Akagi: The Grey Ghost, the Great E...!

Kaga: So it's you!

Enterprise: Enterprise... engage!

The carrier was enveloped in a blue light, as it turned into millions of blue cubes. Y/n still didn't know what they did, or what their origin was. The girl had a flight deck with a command tower on her left hip, but the island disconnected and turned into a longbow with the island in the middle of it.

Enterprise: Here i come.

She started running over the water, but for y/n it seemed more like she was gliding of the surface. She jumped onto one of her bomber, and started flying through the entire Siren fleet. Miraculously not getting hit by any of the anti-aircraft fire going off all around her. Pushing through the giant fleet, she managed to approach Kaga, as she started launching more aircraft.

Kaga: Interesting!

When flying towards the carrier, a lot of Siren aircraft combined with Kaga's aircraft approached Enterprise. Knowing this was going to be tough, she started firing at Kaga's planes. But she couldn't keep all of the aircraft away, as some of them started a attack run.

Enterprise: Shit...!

Suddenly, a ton of anti-aircraft started flying past her together with missiles, taking out most of the Siren squadrons.

Enterprise: What? Who did that?

Following the smoke trails of the missiles, she found them coming from y/n. Y/n managed to figure out who to keep his balance on the water, and managed to get closer to the fight. Realizing Enterprise was getting overwhelmed, he tried firing his missiles again, but to his surprise his AA weaponry started to open fire as well. Y/n felt quite proud of himself, as he got his first recorded kills in this new world. As he tried to get Enterprise out of the sticky situation, he didn't notice that some aircraft broke off and approached him. The aircraft had their torpedoes armed and went in for a bombing run, and it was only at this moment that y/n noticed them closing in.

y/n: oh no...

Suddenly, y/n got a small flashback to when he was playing some games, at a place he didn't recognize.

y/n: I've got to avoid these!

Y/n tried to move out of the way, but in his panicked state, he found it to be rather hard. Somehow though, he managed to just get away of the incoming doom. Remembering the state Enterprise was in, he turned to look back up at the sky, only to find Enterprise running up the giant fox towards Kaga.

Kaga: Entertain me, phantom!

Akagi: Wait, Kaga!

Kaga: HA!

Launching more planes towards Enterprise in an attempt to stop her, or at least slow her down. But only getting said planes blocked by the longbow Enterprise was wielding. Jumping up towards Kaga, Enterprise found herself in the perfect position to fire the ending blow to the Sakura Empire carrier.

Kaga: You...

Enterprise: You're mine!

Enterprise fired multiple arrow into Kaga's chest, and the giant fox was enveloped in blue flames while it laid down on the ocean's surface.

Akagi: Kaga!

Kaga: How dare you injure my body! This body belongs to my dear sister!

Akagi: Enough, Kaga.

Kaga: Dear sister! I can still fight!

Akagi: I know, but there is a right time for everything.

Looking around, y/n saw that most of the Siren fleet were getting destroyed, with most of them already sinking or sunk. As the battle came to an end, y/n noticed that more ships started to arrive to give extra support.

Unicorn: Big sister!

Cleveland: Sheesh, someone's late! 

Akagi: We've accomplished our goals, mostly. This mission is a success.

Kaga: Yes, dear sister. If you say so.

Enterprise: You think we're going to let you get away?

Akagi: Ara ara~, what a scary glare. I'm about to lose my composure!

As Enterprise was about to fire at the sister, a small paper plane knocked her aim off. The paper plane landed in the water next to Enterprise's feet, and it went up in flames.

???: My seniors, it's time.

Akagi: Yes, let us take our leave.

Enterprise: Wait!

Akagi: Azur Lane, consider this a formal declaration of war.

Kaga: We, Sakura Empire, Along with Iron Blood, will now crush your deception.

Akagi: The mighty must control the future. Heaven's will reside with us, the true conqueror of the seas. We are the alliance of crimson blood. We are Red Axis!

Prince of Wales: They got away... She really saved us.

Illustrious: Enterprise, the mightiest warrior of Eagle Union... But there is so much pain...

Enterprise looked at the bald eagle flying overhead, but then turned towards the newcomer in the base.

Enterprise: You...

y/n: Me?

Enterprise: How did you get Iron Blood technology? Did you forget to get away with your allies?

y/n: Eeehm... What's Iron Blood?

And that's the third chapter done! I have a bit more free time, so i'm going to try to write more. Please keep giving suggestions on future chapters!

Until next time.