Chapter 8 - repairs and discoveries

After everyone was repaired to a state of moving, the entire group headed back to port for further repairs and rearm. The latter was a bit difficult for y/n, because this older world didn't have the technoligy to craft the Tomahawk missiles he used in previous battles.

y/n: Cleveland, you guys don't make any missiles, do you?

Cleveland: No we don't. Why?

y/n: Well, in my duel with Shoukaku, i may have depleted all of them.

Cleveland: Oh that's not good. If you used all of them, even reverse-engineering is out of the question. Will you need anything else once we reach the base?

y/n: I'll need some repairs to my rudders, and my targeting systems for my main cannon are also damaged.

Cleveland: We can help you with your rudder, but repairing you superstructure is going to be extremely difficult, because once again we don't have the advanced technology.

y/n: Yeah you're right... Welp, that's annoying but mayby i can find something in the captain's quarters.

Cleveland: Let's hope so...

y/n: Yeah...

As the fleet came into port, y/n had do somehow be pulled and pushed into a drydock because of his damaged steering systems. Once he was in and the water was drained, the Manjuu's got to work on said rudder and y/n went to look for mechanical reports or blueprints for the more modern systems. As he was looking through all the cabinets, he came across some interesting things. For example, his phone. Complete with charger and earphones.

y/n: Is this...

He was looking all over the outside, when he remembered how to operate the modern device and turned it on.

y/n: It is! It is my phone! Is everything still on it though?

He immidiatly went to check his photo's, which were still there. It wasn't any different with his music, which he could play through the entire ship,

y/n: Sweet! I wonder how the other would react, seeing as the probably still have the early types of listening to music. But first! Find the blueprints! Now let's see here...

Manjuu: Chirp!

y/n: Wha? Oh hey little guy! How are you doing on this fine evening!

Manjuu: Chirp! Chirp!

y/n: You know i don't understand you right?

Manjuu: Chirp!

y/n: Oh well, you can just do your thing while i do mine.

After a while of looking through the logs onboard the ship, y/n noticed that the Manjuu was still sitting on the same spot, but this time it seemed to have fallen asleep.

y/n: Awww... I wonder what they eat?

Y/n took the small yellow bird to the canteen, and tried out multiple dishes from meats to vegetables. After a while, y/n discovered that this manjuu enjoyed eating a mix of both. Y/n put the bird on one of the bunk beds and put its plate with the salad and steak next to it. While he was walking back, he was looking around on his phone. Untill he came across an app called "Azur Lane".

y/n: Huh, weird. Isn't this alliance called Azur Lane?

Out of curiousity y/n opened the app and was immidiately greeted with a loading screen of Enterprise.

y/n: Wait, that's..! So somebody somehow put them in this app, eventhough they don't have the technology to make phones... Still, i don't think i should show them this though, as it could be horrifing to find out you're in a videogame.