CHAPTER III

CHAPTER 3; THE BET

CHAPTER 3; THE BET

              PUBLIC HUMILIATION was definitely one of Daisy Carter's worst fears. She could still remember the time someone had spilled apple juice all over shirt in the cafeteria during muggle school, and how people had started calling her juice girl for the rest of the month. Ever since then she has tried her best to keep out of the path of public humiliations, but easier said than done when you know James Sirius Potter.

             It was this year's first breakfast at Hogwarts, and Daisy was basically devouring her muffin. "I swear to merlin, the food at Hogwarts is too good."

           Scorpius and Albus nodded in agreement at the girls words while stuffing their faces with vanilla pudding. The trio were seated at the end of the Slytherin table like every year away from the rest of the kids. They enjoyed the peacefulness of each other's company away from everyone else.

             Though that state of peacefulness was interrupted by the devil himself also known as James Sirius Potter. "Daisy!" exclaimed James. 

               Instantly Daisy froze from the sound of the familiar voice, and sinked down in her seat. She quickly looked around trying to find a way out of the situation, but it was too late as every Slytherin at the tables eyes were on them. Some watched in pity and others watched in amusement. The whole school knew about James obsession towards the Carter, and if anything, they found it as free entertainment. 

             Very slowly Daisy turned her head only to see James a couple of feet from her grinning down at her. She shot him a glare before turning back to her breakfast pretending as if he wasn't even there. 

            Though it seemed like James didn't seem to care as he took a seat in the open seat next to her. "Good morning darling." It was a normal thing for James to call her pet names, and each timed that he did, she wanted to smash his head on a window. 

        "Piss off Potter," she mumbled in response trying her best to focus on eating her muffin, but  it seemed like her request was denied as he didn't even move a inch.

         "I'll leave if you go out with me." James smirked, wiggling his eyebrows at the girls.

         Daisy didn't even reply as she was already out of her seat, and heading out of the hall. It was too early to deal with James bullshit. 

         James let out a groan once she left the room, and dropped his head on the table. Once that happened everyone in the great hall turned their attention away from him back to their friends, but not before sending him a look of pity. 

          Albus rolled his eyes at his sulky brother. "You should really listen to Daisy, and find someone else. Daisy doesn't like you, and I don't think she ever will," he admitted sending his brother a sympathetic smile. He knew how much his brother liked his best friend, and he only wanted him to move on and be with someone that actually wants him.