CHAPTER X

CHAPTER TEN: winter break part two

WINTER BREAK HAD been fantastic so far for Daisy Carter. It could have been talking away about anything and everything with Rose or having a snowball fight with Albus, but the week had been absolutely blissful for the fifth year Slytherin.

Though she had to admit it was a bit weird to not have James constantly persist her. It wasn't exactly a bad weird, but it wasn't a good weird either, it was just weird. Deciding to enjoy the best of it, she savored the time before going back to Hogwarts.

"So you're telling me, you don't know who Spencer Reid is?!" Daisy had been telling Albus all about the show she had watched over the summer, criminal minds, only to horrifyingly find out that Albus had no idea about any of the characters or the show in general.

Albus scoffed. "Daisy, I don't know anything about the muggle world. Of course I have no idea who he is!"

"But-but he is Spencer Reid!" she sputtered out, still in shock.

"Saying it again, I have no fucking clue about anything in the muggle world."

Daisy shook her head in disapproval. "When you come over this summer, I'm making you watch every season with me Al."

In return, Albus rolled his eyes, but didn't protest. "Okay anyway, I have to talk to you about something."

Daisy nodded, sitting up from the couch she was previously lying on. "What's up?"

Albus gulped. He always knew he could talk to his best about anything as she always welcomed anything he has said with acceptance, but he couldn't help the feeling of his heart beat quicken as he tried to gain the courage to speak.

Letting out a shaky breath he spoke, "I'm bisexual."

Albus's eyes drifted away from the figure of his best friend as he seemed to be looking everywhere besides Daisy, way too scared to even lock eyes with her. What if she found him disgusting? What if she didn't want to be friends with him anymore? All these questions ran through his head as he felt fear consume him whole at the thought of not being friends with Daisy anymore.

Though once Albus gained enough the courage and glanced at the girl, Daisy's face remained unbothered.

Daisy shrugged. "Cool. So am I."

Albus eyes widened as his mouth opened and closed trying to find something to say. "What?" he sputtered out, finally finding his voice back. "Why didn't you tell me?"

The brunette winced at her best friend's loud voice. "I didn't think it was a big deal," she said honestly, shrugging once again. "I mean like who you like, you know? Who the fuck cares."

"I mean I guess you're right," Albus said slowly, still processing his best friend's words. "How did you find out anyway?"

A dark shade of red suddenly covered Daisy's cheeks as her hands suddenly seemed very interesting. The brunette murmured something under her breath, something Albus couldn't even hear.