CHAPTER VII

CHAPTER SEVEN: the deal

QUIDDITCH WAS ALWAYS something Daisy Carter desired to do. To feel the wind blow her face as she zoomed through the field, or the euphoria she would feel each time she scored, it was too bad the slytherin captain was a sexist bitch. It was pathetic really how some people still thought that females shouldn't be playing on the field as they thought it was a sport for males. So now Daisy could only watch from the sidelines, wishing it was her playing on the field as well.

"You have to catch the snitch Al," Daisy stated, shooting a stern look at her best friend. The Slytherin had been going on all morning about how Albus must catch the snitch. "Gryffindor has a very high chance of winning the quidditch cup this year, therefore you winning this match is a fucking must."

Albus however rolled his eyes at his best friend's rants. "Wow thanks, no pressure at all." His words flooded with obvious sarcasm as he let out a deep sigh. "But in all seriousness I'll try my best, but no promises." He would never admit it out loud, but he was actually extremely nervous. He wasn't one to take quidditch serious as that more of his brothers thing, but he did not want to lose to his brother

James Sirius Potter; the golden boy that everyone adored. A charming smile that made girls fall at his feet, a cordial aura that made people love being around him, and a great people skills that made people feel safe around him. And Albus was just his little brother that people wouldn't glace twice at.

Albus Potter lived in a world where people would only look at him as the black sheep of the family or the disappointment of the Potters. His reality was that no one ever put him before his siblings, and it hurt. It hurts knowing that all he is considered is the other Potter sibling. The one that no one admired, the one no one would stop in the corridor and stare, and the one that would never be good enough.

"Hey Al you okay?" Her voice. Daisy Carter. Albus never understood why she always rejected his brother, James was the ideal guy for a girl. Yet it seemed like Daisy Carter wouldn't even dare befriending him. It was one of the things Albus treasured about Daisy, she didn't pick his siblings over him. She didn't pick the perfect golden boy over him, and even if maybe one day Daisy Carter did fall for James Sirius Potter, he was still glad to say that there was a time that he was her favorite Potter.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." He forced his usual smile, blocking out his thoughts. Faking a smile was always easy, but faking one in front of the girl who knew him better than anyone was hard. Daisy Carter didn't believe her best friends smile for a minute, she knew him like the back of her hand, and she wasn't gonna fall for it.

Before Daisy could say anything, another voice spoke. "What are you guys still doing here? Albus you have to go to the field soon!" Scorpius Malfoy had always been like the mother of the group. He always seemed to be the one giving advice, and looking over his best friends as they were like his children.