CHAPTER VIII

chapter eight: the date

EXCITEMENT WAS an understatement for James Sirius Potter at the moment. It was the day of the date, and he seriously couldn't be more excited. After all he had chased Daisy for the past five years of his life, one date was considered a big deal for him. He was currently in his dorm preparing 

"Why are you so excited for this date anyway?" asked one of his James's dorm mates.

James scoffed. "I have chased this girl for five years, of course I'm excited."

His dorm mate raised an eyebrow. "Why? It's just Carter, she is a solid five out of ten," the boy stated. "But I guess she is better than all of those sluts in our school, sleeping around with a bunch of guys."

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, James snapped his head towards his dorm mate and glared at him. "I don't like Daisy because she doesn't sleep around, and even if she did it wouldn't matter to me. You have no right to shame other women for doing what they want with their body."

To James, Daisy wasn't just some pretty girl. Of course he admired her outer beauty but there was so much more to her than just good looks. He noticed the way she worked on her studies and made sure she excelled in every class. He noticed the way she put Albus and Scorpius happiness before hers, and made sure they were happy. He noticed how stubborn she was and how she never liked admitting she was wrong. He noticed how ambitious she was of always achieving her goals. Every single detail about Daisy Carter captivated James Potter in a trance; her flaws, her strengths, her weaknesses, he would love all of them to the end of time.

James sighed deeply, it was exhausting chasing after a girl who didn't even want to be friends with you. People usually loved him, adored him even. I mean who wouldn't? He was the golden boy of Hogwarts and the first son of THE Harry Potter, it was new for someone to hate him.

But you know what they say, there is a thin line between hate and love. And maybe, just maybe that one day Daisy Carter would love him like he loved her.

"I'LL NEVER FORGIVE ALBUS FOR THIS."

Daisy looked at the ground with an impassive gaze before letting out a small huff. Unlike James who was over the moon for this date, Daisy dreaded it. She would rather swim in the black lake in this weather than go on the date.

"Oh come on Daisy, James isn't that bad." Rose commented. Ever since the conversation Daisy and Rose had, the duo started spending more time together. She was practically part of the group now much to Scorpius's dismay. The two seemed to bicker every other day driving both Albus and Daisy insane.

"Easy for you to say. He isn't in love with you!" Daisy exclaimed, a deep frown plastered on her face.

Rose wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Gross, he's my cousin. Of course he isn't in love with me." She shivered in disgust about just the thought of it.