CHAPTER IX

chapter nine: winter break part one

A WEEK has passed since the date and things were back the usual; James chasing after Daisy while she avoided him like the plague. She really had thought her words might have gone through James and he might actually leave her alone, but it seemed like she did the opposite instead. Lately she had seen him even more often than usual and she was seriously concern on what was wrong with that boy.

"What are you doing for winter break?" Albus asked, breaking Daisy out of the thought. They along with Scorpius were currently in the Slytherin common room doing homework, well Albus and Daisy were, meanwhile, Scorpius was snoozing off on the couch.

"I'm staying here at Hogwarts," she replied casually, making Albus furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" Albus was confused, for all he knew, the Carter household was a happy and healthy family, so there was no reason for her to note go home.

"My aunt got into an accident," admitted Daisy with a small deep frown. "My parents had to go there last minute." It wasn't that she minded much, she was never a big fan of the holidays anyway. Of course she thought the holidays brought some sort of joy to her, but she wouldn't consider herself a big fan.

"Nonsense!" exclaimed Albus, waking up Scorpius in the process. "You can celebrate with my family, you practically are a part of it anyway." There was no way that Albus would let his best friend spend her winter break at Hogwarts alone. It was the holidays for merlin sake.

Daisy narrowed her eyes at him. "Absolutely not. I refuse to intrude like that." As nice as it sounded to join a big loving family like the Albus's during winter break, she couldn't just invade like that.

Albus let out a scoff. "Intrude? You fucking idiot, you wouldn't be intruding at all. My family would be pleased to have you join us." Every word was true, the Potter and Weasley clan absolutely adored Daisy, some more than others.

"But-"

"No but's," the Potter boy said sternly, and Daisy let out a sigh in defeat knowing she couldn't change her best friend's mind on this. It wasn't like she minded spending the holidays with her best friend anyway as it honestly seemed pretty pleasurable.

"Okay," she said in defeat as Albus let out a triumph grin on his face, obviously happy he got what he wanted.

"Great now that is settled, I'm going back to sleep," Scorpius said sarcastically before dropping his head back onto the couch, falling asleep within seconds.

IT WAS NOW the day the children of Hogwarts would go home to celebrate the winter holidays with their family. Daisy and Rose were both walking down the path towards the Hogwarts express both with binding smiles on their faces, excited to celebrate the holidays together.