CHAPTER IV

CHAPTER FOUR: breakfast and arguments

                AVOIDING JAMES POTTER was by far the hardest and most stressful thing for Daisy Carter this year. She almost wanted to give up and accept the fate that this was a battle that she couldn't win, but each time she thought about it, she pushed it out of her thoughts.

                I am Daisy fucking Carter, she would tell herself, I will not give up, at least never to a male.

                So instead, Daisy carried on with a very strict routine each day that usually consisted of getting muffins from the kitchen in the morning, classes, study in the common room, and do it all over again the next day. Truthfully Scorpius and Albus were tired at their best friend's tight schedule, but they didn't have the balls to comment on it.

                "I still don't understand why we have to get up this early to get breakfast," Scorpius commented, rubbing his eyes. Albus nodded his head in agreement, letting out a yawn.

               "Because James isn't up at this time to bother me," Daisy responded, rolling her eyes. She loved her friends, but they could seriously be so slow sometimes.

               "That's a lie, my brother is just smart enough not to talk to you in the morning before you had breakfast." It was true, the last time he bothered Daisy too early, he had ended up in the hospital wing. And he did not want history to repeat itself (see what I did there😏)

                "Miss Carter! Mr. Malfoy! Mr. Potter! Good morning!" A bright familiar cheery voice spoke.

                "Morning Dolly," the trio greet in unison. Since they had come here often, they had grown to become friends with the house elves.

                 Dolly sent them her usual sweet smile. "Your breakfast is on the counter over there."

               "Thank you," replied Daisy sincerely. She always appreciated all that the house elves for Hogwarts, and that deserved more recognition.

               "So Halloween is coming up in a couple of weeks, what are you guys gonna be?" asked Scorpius, picking up a green apple from the counter.

                 "I was thinking of being Dorthy from the wizard of Oz," replied Daisy with a small smile. The girl absolutely adored classic muggle movies, and always loved the way Dorthy dressed. She glanced over at Albus and Scorpius only to see them staring at her with pure confusion.

   Daisy rolled her eyes. "It's a muggle thing."

                   A look of realization and understanding flashed on the boys faces before they returned back to their breakfast. Daisy took a sip of her pumpkin juice with a small smile on her knowing she wouldn't call anyone else her best friends.