Part 8

I thought watching the Hunger Games on T.V was hard to watch. It was 10 times worse when the people were people you had spent about a week training with, and it was worse to see them die right in front of you.

I got a couple of basic items. A water bottle. A backpack. And a bag of apples. Then I darted away, not wanting to get caught. I was pretty much ignored anyways, luckily. Most of the Careers were trying to kill pretty much everyone who had scored well that wasn't in their pack.

I wandered around for about half of the day. Unlike most of the underdogs, I decided to not go too far away from the Careers. It would mean I would have to avoid them more, but it also meant that I could try to steal some of their stuff.

I found a hollow, fallen tree that would be good to sleep in. It was a pretty narrow fit, but it worked.

I put my apples into my backpack and sighed. Then I noticed that I could hear a river. I should go figure out where that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. There had been 10 canon shots after the bloodbath was over, and since then there had been one more.

I wondered how many had been killed by Jeno. How many lives Jaemin had stolen. Yet at the same time, I just couldn't picture them hurting me.

Surely I was imagining the admiration in their eyes? And how they seemed to follow me around? Yeah. It was just my imagination.

Yet my heart still insisted it had been something more. I just shook my head.

I heard the anthem begin to play, and turned my head to the sky. Both from 3. Guess I didn't need to worry about underestimating that girl after all. The boy from 5, both from 6, the girl from 8, the girl from 10, the boy from 11, and both from 12.

10 gone already. The Careers has been working hard today.

And they would be at it again tonight. I have to be prepared. If I'm not, then I'll die.