Sad Part 12.5

Nobody's POV

The speakers clicked on, and what would normally be a crowd screaming hysterically was dead silent.

Not even the people of the Capital were happy with the way these Games had ended. They whispered about a ruined love story, more beautiful than a sunrise, that had been ripped to shreds. They whispered about the small, sobbing boy, and how he would never be complete again. They whispered about the other two boy's last words, and how cruel it was that Renjun would never get to answer their unspoken question.

And for the first time in a long time, the people in the Capitol began to question the Games. They questioned why these boys hadn't been allowed their happily-ever-after. They questioned why kids in love had to die. And they began to hate the Games.

Oh sure, they would be back into the bloodthirsty spirit by the next games, but for now, the people of the Capitol were able to connect with the districts. They understood why the Games were hated so much.

And so they did the only thing that they could think of to rebel. Mind you, these were the petty people of the Capitol, so they couldn't think of much. But they did salute, the way they would to their president, to the small boy, crying on the ground. They saluted his two brave lovers, who had died for him. And in that tiny way, they showed their discontent. They showed that they didn't like what had happened. And they, in their own tiny way, fought back.