Part 9

Your author is lazy, so we're skipping to when things start to get interesting. (Also, credits to my bestie, draco_malfoy365, for helping me out with ideas!

Jaemin's POV

I was patrolling with the other 'Careers' when suddenly everyone but Jeno and I, (who was in the back of the group) took off, shrieking excitedly. They split into two groups, so I guessed we had found a team of two. I went with the group going left, and Jeno came with me. We caught up to the girl who was running ahead of us. It was the girl from District 9.

I wondered who had managed to earn this skittish girl's trust. Her canon went off, and then another went off.

Jeno and I, along with the other 'Careers' who had chased the girl from 9 doubled back to regroup with the others. As we were jogging back, I heard an ear-splitting scream.

I froze, immediately recognizing the voice. (Yup, makes no sense, they didn't even talk to each other. Do I care? Nope)

"Renjun," I breathed.

Jeno looked at me, terrified.

We slipped away from the other careers and ran towards the sound. The boy from 4, Man-Shik, was standing over Renjun, a bloody trident in his hands.

Renjun was cowering, his hands covering his face.

Luckily, our arrival had distracted Man-Shik, and he paused before dealing the killing blow. Smirking at us, he said, "I knew there was something going on between you two and this kid. You wouldn't stop staring at him during training."

Renjun looked up at him, stunned. Man-Shik laughed at him.

I didn't even hesitate. I pulled out a knife, and killed him.

Then I raced over to Renjun. He was staring at us, seemingly in a state of shock.

I was panicking, there had been a decent amount of blood on Man-Shik's trident. Then I saw Renjun's leg. I wasn't sure whether to be relieved or horrified.

There were three deep, wide puncture wounds in Renjun's leg. You could see all the way down to the bone in one.

Jeno instantly grabbed out his medicine kit that he always had on him, and handed it to me.

"Renjun, this is going to hurt. A lot. But I have to disinfect your wound and bind it so you don't lose any more blood."

He glanced at me for a second, confused.

"Wh-why do you guys care? I thought you guys were here to kill me."

I exchanged a glance with Jeno, before reaching out and cupping Renjun's cheek in my hand.

"We couldn't kill you, even if we wanted too. You're just too adorable."

Jeno offered Renjun a soft smile, as if to confirm Jaemin's words.

"Now, we're going to patch you up, and try to keep you alive. Don't go dying on us now. We just got to finally talk to you freely."

He nodded, hesitantly. Then he seemed to fully process what I had just said and turned a bright shade of pink. He tried to hide it by covering his face with his hands, but Jeno and I had both seen it. We grinned at each other, and then began to patch up our 9.