nyctophilic. 13

"Anyone care to explain what the labyrinth is?" Jia looked around as they walked through the dark dusty paths. There was a massive portal that was glowing red a few feet in front of them.

"It's not like any other labyrinth. we all have to go through on our own, each of us are going to face our biggest fear. Everyone get ready because once we get in we have to survive 1 hour." Renjun sighed.

"What the fuck?" Jia started getting nervous. "Everyone except you Jia. I have to go with you to make sure you don't die seeing as to how you don't have powers to help protect yourself. Once we go in we will be entering your worst fear so prepare yourself." Renjun clarified. It made Jia feel a little bit better but not by much.

"Okay let's go."

Everyone started entering the portal one by one, Renjun and Jia were the last to enter. Once they stepped into the portal they found themselves in the dead center of an abandoned arcade. There was a giggling sound behind them followed by loud clanking sounds.

Jia whipped around and froze in her spot out of sheer terror. An eight foot tall broken down and torn up animatronic was clanking towards them from a dark hallway. "Please tell me your biggest fear isn't a knockoff five nights at freddys." Renjun groaned.

"Oh no, trust me when I say this is ten times worse." Jia muttered before grabbing Renjun by the wrist and sprinting the other way. "What do you mean worse?" Renjun asked as they rounded a corner.

"This is my personalized nightmare version. I've had nightmares of this exact place for years. Needless to say we are fucked." Jia spoke. "How so?" He questioned. "There's about 25 different animatronics in this place right now. They can only see us, they can't hear. We can be as loud as we want but try not to be anywhere obvious. They can't see us in the dark." She explained.

There was loud clanking right next to the spot where they were hiding. Jia held her breath, panic rising in her. The withered nightmarish animatronic wolf looked around for them but walked away when they found no trace.

"Welcome to an hour of hell." She said with shaky breaths. "Fuck." Renjun muttered. "Can I just go out and kill them?" He asked. "It's not a good idea. They are extremely violent." Jia huffed.

"Yeah let's see how well they do. You stay here until i come back." He lightly pushed past Jia and walked out in the open until he came across the first of the 25 animatronics. It was a massive black bear that had an extreme temper. It lunged for Renjun but he teleported behind it. He materialized a king black sledgehammer out of thin air and swung at the bear. With one swing an arm came clean off. The more hits it took, the more bolts, screws, and bits flew off the bear until Renjun finally killed it off.

Now there were only 24 left.

He teleported throughout the abandoned arcade, slaughtering anything that moved. Jia was still stood in the hiding place where they were earlier. That is until she was ripped from where she was by a massive metal arm. She was tossed to the floor like a rag doll, the animatronic at fault charging at her.

Jia was defenseless. She screamed out for Renjun but received no response. The same animatronic wolf from earlier picked her up and choke slammed her against the wall. She was panicking. Suddenly, it felt like something clicked in her. Jia let out a scream and bolts of electricity flew out of her hands, killing the wolf immediately. Her whole body was crackling with electricity, her eyes engulfed in a neon blue.

She decided to test out her new power, walking through the halls of the arcade scouting out any animatronics she saw. With a few shots of electricity, she had taken one down and was faced with another coming at her from behind. She whipped around just too late and was thrown down. Jia yelled out and shocked it with as much electricity as she could.

Renjun was stood at the doorway, watching the whole event. His jaw was dropped as he watched jia standing above the piles of parts. She looked over, making eye contact with him and smiling.

"Bet you didn't expect that one huh?"

——————

YALL

THIS IS VERY SPUR OF THE MOMENT

BUT I HAVE NEWS

so i have finished finalizing this book. there should be around 13 chapters left.

but here's where the fun part comes in.

i'd like to present to you all an early access book that is coming up in the near future

Nyctophilic chapter 2: Demise

Its up on my profile now ! Go add it to your library !

The character list, playlist, and prologue are the first bits being released. As soon as I publish the last chapter of this book the first chapter of demise will be available.

I'm really looking forward to demise and i hope y'all are going to love it as much as i do so far :) <3