nyctophilic. 19

Renjun didn't buy what Jia said for a second but decided to let it go.

The pair waited for the others to get out of their fears so they could move further in. Soon enough everyone had regrouped and they began to move. The rest of the house was normal, just mildly creepy. All was well until they reached the door at the end of the hall. When Mark reached for the handle and opened it, they were met with a shining white light.

Going further in, it was nothing but white, a blinding bright white that took over everything. The room seemed to be infinite. As the group walked, everything suddenly turned red. Dark mountains started to appear around them, a light fog in the air.

Jia could sense something, they were definitely not alone. "Haewon do you feel that too?" She asked. "Yes and I we are really not going to like who is coming." Haewon responded. "What? Who's coming?" Donghyuck asked. Loud thunderous thuds could be heard in the distance.

Everyone's fangs snapped out, unaware of what was coming. The thundering got closer. Jia held her breath as she saw part of the creature step out from between two of the mountains. It's eyes pierced the darkness with a glowing orange. Sharp teeth on display, the mountain sized animal stood in front of the group.

"Fenrir." Jia whispered. "No one move." Renjun spoke.

The wolf looked down at them growling. For some reason, Jia wasn't afraid. "Don't go near him." She heard prides voice in the back of her mind. Yet something else was telling her to get closer to him. She knew the voice, it sent a chill down her spine but she worked up the courage to mutter under her breath "Get out of my head."

Taking a deep breath, Jia stood tall and stared Fenrir straight in the eye. The wolf began to let out a quiet, low growl. "Jia what are you doing?" Chenle asked. Jia didn't respond, instead she took a step towards Fenrir. "Jia-" Renjun called out to her but she ignored him. He reached out to grab her by the hand and pull her back but he quickly retracted when he felt a jolt of electricity hit him after he touched her. She looked back at him, her eyes glowing neon blue. Once everyone caught sight of her eyes, their jaws dropped. None of them understood what was occurring.

Jia looked back at Fenrir, stepping forward to where she was halfway between the group and the wolf. Looking up at him, shots of lightning erupted from her hand. Haewon stepped forward, standing next to Jia. "Couldn't let you have all the fun could I?" Haewon asked, smiling over to Jia with pink flames erupting from her hands.

"Never." Jia let out an airy laugh. The pair looked up to Fenrir and waited for any sudden movements by the beast. His patience wore out and he lunged for the two, both of them flying into two different directions. "Everyone hide!" Jia screamed to the others.

"Haewon this thing killed Odin and swallowed the sun and moon so we better hope we are powerful enough to take him out." Jia shouted to Haewon as she dove out of Fenrirs way. "I have faith, after all we are distant relatives of him!" Haewon added. "Distant my ass!" Jia responded.

She sent bolts of electricity flying at the wolf, trying her best to keep him back. Haewon built up her flames and slammed her fist into the ground so hard that everything began to crack. The ground under Fenrirs feet began to split. Jia met Haewon on the ground, locking eyes with her and nodding. The pair shot their electricity and fire into the sky, the two twines binding together almost like a helix.

They both brought their arms down at the same time and their power alone was enough to make the ground cave. Fenrir went down, attempting to claw his way back up in a last resort but ultimately failing. Jia ran over, opening a massive portal underneath him. Going through, the portal snapped shut.

"He's back where he should be now." She huffed. "Surprising he went down that easy." Vela appeared behind them. "Vela-" Jia turned around shocked. The boys emerged from their hiding places, asking who the unknown trio were. "Pleasure to meet you all, I'm Vela, this is Sohee and Alex." Vela spoke with a lazy smirk on her face.

"I assume you all are headed to the devils corner. That's where we are going as well. Maybe we can help each other out?" Vela spoke up. Everyone agreed, but Jia wasn't too keen on the idea. There was something about Vela that Jia didn't trust.

She felt as if there was something suspicious about the whole situation, especially fenrir. The last time she had seen the creature was when she was a resident in heaven and Fenrir was in stormheim.

Of course she complied since everyone else was okay with it. She looked towards alex and sohee, the pair giving her a harsh death stare. Jias fangs snapped out once again. She returned the piercing stare and grimaced as she looked at them. Something felt really off.

Everyone began to walk ahead but Jia stayed in the back. Haewon noticed and stayed back with her. As the boys talked with the new three, Haewon and Jia slowly strayed further back.

"You sense it too don't you?" Haewon asked. "Yes. I don't trust them." Jia responded. Sohee was standing dangerously close to Renjun and Jia was watching them like a hawk. A deadly gaze was set on Jias face that even frightened Haewon. 

"What should we do about them?" Haewon asked. "Nothing. Not yet." Jia spoke. Renjun looked over his shoulder to see Jia and Haewon a good distance away from them. Jia still had the cold glare on her face as she looked into his eyes. He clearly looked confused but nonetheless looked away.

What Jia heard next made her blood boil. Sobers voice even from so far ahead was a clear whisper in her ear.

"What's wrong princess? Don't like what you see?"

———————